Tape delay for this tone?

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
Curious as to what delay type it is. i've never been one for dirty/analog delays (even though the DMM has become my go to), so this isn't an affect I've ever really gone for....but I like how it sounds. what would you use for this type of thing??

Curious as to what delay type it is. i've never been one for dirty/analog delays (even though the DMM has become my go to), so this isn't an affect I've ever really gone for....but I like how it sounds. what would you use for this type of thing??

Sounds like it's a delay combined with some type of reverb, with maybe a little overdrive (whether that's from the delay or not I am not sure)

Hard to really pinpoint the delay type in a full mix like that, but there's definitely some aspects to it that tape delays have, like that grainy diffused feedback trail.

One of my favorite things to do with tape delays is to run a fairly high highpass setting for bright, shimmery feedback. It works well for this kind of sound.

I really like tape delays, but generally only use them for leads and ambient stuff. Anywhere where I want more articulate trails I'm like you and go for the DMM or a digital delay if it's high gain.

Casey Moore uses a Timeline and the dTape sure is a popular machine.

Seems there's just a touch of modulation on it as well.

You could try the tape chorus, Theres alot of recent production work lately that makes use of the roland space echo.

yeah, i'm guessing it hitting the front of an edge of breakup amp is a big part of this. i never even thought of that until someone mentioned it in a FB group yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom