Tap tempo will not work?

Lee Aita

I just received a FX8 third hand I believe. I reset to factory settings as Previous owner tweaked the function buttons. After reading the manual and tweaking all of the tweaks I could find concerning tap tempo the tap tempo will not work. The Led blinks the new tempo and the tempo page shows a tempo change but no dice on effecting the delay. I am hoping it is a simple fix or maybe I am not holding my mouth just right. For me this unit will be worthless without the tap tempo any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated

Is it set to average or the last two taps? That bit me. I was getting weird tempo jumps after tapping until I realized it needed more taps. Yours sounds like a different issue, but throwing it out there just in case. Cheers, D

p.s. Disclaimer: I'm referring to the FM3 in this case. Have no idea what might be up with an FX8

make sure the Delay is using the TEMPO parameter set to something like 1/4 etc. if it isn't, Tap Tempo won't affect it and the Time parameter (in milliseconds) is what determines the tempo.

once you set the TEMPO parameter to something, the Time/milliseconds parameter will be greyed out and you can't adjust it because Tempo is adjusting and changing that parameter instead.

make sure the Delay is using the TEMPO parameter set to something like 1/4 etc. if it isn't, Tap Tempo won't affect it and the Time parameter (in milliseconds) is what determines the tempo.

once you set the TEMPO parameter to something, the Time/milliseconds parameter will be greyed out and you can't adjust it because Tempo is adjusting and changing that parameter instead.
Thanks a million that was the ticket it works perfectly now. Plus all of the other mix etc adjustments work properly now too. I knew it was something simple. Again thanks

Back
Top Bottom