Tap Tempo on MFC not working

lp59

Experienced
Axe-Fx XL with 15.07 and 3.05 on MFC 101 Mk III, Faslink connected.
Nothing happens when I tap the tempo, led is blinking at the programmed tempo. The switch is working if I assign another function to it.
Tap tempo on Axe-Edit or front pannel is OK and the led of the tap tempo on the MFC is following what I tap on the front pannel.
Total Sync on.
Any idea of the problem?

Axe-Fx XL with 15.07 and 3.05 on MFC 101 Mk III, Faslink connected.
Nothing happens when I tap the tempo, led is blinking at the programmed tempo. The switch is working if I assign another function to it.
Tap tempo on Axe-Edit or front pannel is OK and the led of the tap tempo on the MFC is following what I tap on the front pannel.
Total Sync on.
Any idea of the problem?

Have you set any of the effects to sync to a tempo subdivision?

you say the tap tempo isn't working. what do you mean by it's not working?

is a Delay not changing its tempo when you tap?

if so, you need to set the Tempo setting in the delay block so it follows a tempo.

Yes, I have set Delay 1 to 1/4. Like I said, if I tap on the front panel tempo is following my taps, if I do the same on IA16 (Tap Tempo) on the MFC the tempo don't change and the Led of the corresponding switch keeps blinking at the initial speed.
I've tried 2 taps, 4 taps, slowly, quickly, nothing change.
I'm familiar with this function and it always worked like supposed. Maybe the last update to 15.07?
Is there a menu where I could have deactivate tap tempo on Axe-FX or MFC?

ok, now that we got that out of the way, i need to think :)

if you change the tempo using the tempo button on the front panel, the tempo and delay successfully changes right?

when you do that, does the MFC tempo light change speed as well?

I did a couple of things to try solving my problem: quit Axe-edit, disconnect USB, start a new preset from scratch, nothing. I just did a full reset of the MFC, still nothing. The tap tempo don't want to work anymore, and it used to. The unit is brand new and has already been exchanged from G66 for another problem. Two months ago and I'm now a bit bitter.

i believe you.

but it doesn't make sense that the switch would work with any other function, but not tap tempo.

the fact that the MFC light changes tempo when you tap on the axe is very strange.

on the axe, in the I/O CTRL, what number is next to Tempo Tap?

Yes strange indeed. But you know what Chris? You just solved the problem. Control number was set to 80 instead of 14. But I swear I didn't change nothing in these settings. Maybe a bug from a last update.
But in any case, a thousand thanks for pointing the I/O CTRL. This just hasn't cross my mind. Once again you're Da Man and a real Axe-FX Doctor!

Yes strange indeed. But you know what Chris? You just solved the problem. Control number was set to 80 instead of 14. But I swear I didn't change nothing in these settings. Maybe a bug from a last update.
But in any case, a thousand thanks for pointing the I/O CTRL. This just hasn't cross my mind. Once again you're Da Man and a real Axe-FX Doctor!

That's weird because in the first post you wrote that Tap in Axe-Edit was working fine.
When Tap Tempo is set to a non-default CC om the Axe-Fx, Tap shouldn't work in Axe-Edit (based on the documentation).

That's weird because in the first post you wrote that Tap in Axe-Edit was working fine.
When Tap Tempo is set to a non-default CC om the Axe-Fx, Tap shouldn't work in Axe-Edit (based on the documentation).

That's wrong or outdated info; Axe-Edit calculates the timing then sets the tempo via sysex. It also doesn't seem to do any averaging like front panel or CC-based tapping, just uses the last 2 taps.

I can confirm that tap tempo was working from AE with the wrong CC assignement. Thanks for the informations.

Back
Top Bottom