Tap/Tempo Not Downtroke?

mag1k

Inspired
can someone please help. I have been searching all over the forum but cannot find answers. When i tap/tempo to the beat, it don't seem to be with the correct tempo. I read somewhere it is because it's on upstroke not the downstroke of the switch. I am used to the downstroke. How do i fix this?

can someone please help. I have been searching all over the forum but cannot find answers. When i tap/tempo to the beat, it don't seem to be with the correct tempo. I read somewhere it is because it's on upstroke not the downstroke of the switch. I am used to the downstroke. How do i fix this?
I feel I read somewhere that Tempo is actually always on the downstroke, an exception to how other settings function.

But to be sure, you can set the HOLD function of that switch to NONE and it should for sure register on the downstroke.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/up-down-stroke-fx-switching-tap-tempo-etc.111371/#post-1332828 see comment #6.
I know some pedals have a certain number of taps that are required for the new tempo to register but I haven't been able to determine if this is the case with the FX8. I rely heavily on the tap tempo and usually tap a full measure to set the tempo and haven't had any issues using this method.

EDIT: The manual does state it takes at least 3 taps to set the tempo. Page 61 "Tap the dedicated TEMPO footswitch three or more times".

Last edited:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/up-down-stroke-fx-switching-tap-tempo-etc.111371/#post-1332828 see comment #6.
I know some pedals have a certain number of taps that are required for the new tempo to register but I haven't been able to determine if this is the case with the FX8. I rely heavily on the tap tempo and usually tap a full measure to set the tempo and haven't had any issues using this method.

EDIT: The manual does state it takes at least 3 taps to set the tempo. Page 61 "Tap the dedicated TEMPO footswitch three or more times".
The TAP TEMPO always works on the down stroke. Additionally, with the exception of very early versions of the firmware, the TAP TEMPO requires only 2 taps to correctly capture the tempo.

The TAP TEMPO always works on the down stroke. Additionally, with the exception of very early versions of the firmware, the TAP TEMPO requires only 2 taps to correctly capture the tempo.
My quote was taken from the manual supplied with firmware version 3.01. Just a head's up if this needs to be changed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom