Tap Tempo led contact issue

Igor Paspalj

Inspired
It's really anoying for me...Tap tempo button works perfectly, but it's little losse, so blinking led is not working until i press button little harder, and find a sweet spot, than it's working again. I'm curious, I presume it's a easy fix, it's just a contact, but should I remove front panel, to accces it or top plate of unit?

Of course, I can live without it perfectly, but I want it to blink!!! :)

Edit: It's Axe Fx Ultra, if it matters :)

Ok, I know all of you guys are now overwhelmed with 3.0 firmware :), but please, I just need quick info from whoever already opened their unit- Can I access buttons contacts by removing top of unit cover?...or do I need to remove front panel? (which I'm not sure I would do)

Thanks in forward :)

Ok, I know all of you guys are now overwhelmed with 3.0 firmware :), but please, I just need quick info from whoever already opened their unit- Can I access buttons contacts by removing top of unit cover?...or do I need to remove front panel? (which I'm not sure I would do)

Thanks in forward :)

Ha, Standard owner here so no 3.0 for me :lol

I believe you will have to do a little more work then just pulling the top off. The buttons are located on the front side of the front control board so the value wheel and input knobs will have to be removed as well as removing the front control board. After that I don't know as I haven't personally removed mine so it's possible it could be a total fruitless exercise. All I can say is if you are going to attempt it be very light handed.

Good Luck !

Yes, I already removed top of unit and I can't accsess the buttons. I'm not sure I will risk removing front panel because of that, especially because I'm not sure how to do that :) But thanks anyway, cheers! :)

Back
Top Bottom