Tap Tempo and using the FCb1010

gunforhire

So yes, I'm a cheapskate and still trying to get the FCB1010 to function as a midi footswitch. haha
I have it running turning effects on and off but I can't get the tap tempo function to work and need help.
I have the pedal on the board set to CC14 - the tap tempo midi channel and have the axefx internal I/O pedal control set to "momentary " but it does nothing when i tap on the FCb1010.
Am I missing something crucial (and don't pipe up and say an MFC..haha)

can anyone help an underpaid have working guitar tech lost in this crazy world of midi and binary things.
otherwise am I best to get another sinle pedal and run the tap tempo like that? out the back external jack

does the Tap Tempo on the front of the Axe "work"?

a common mistake is to say Tap isn't working, but the Delay or whatever isn't actually set to respond to Tap Tempo.

so is that in the axe edit ? i tried looking around that for inside the tempo setting but it doesn't have an option for that I can se it has all the usual LFO, External etc. but I just wnat it to see midi channel 14. I know its something simple I'm getting wrong. But I'm not great midi expert and this is stumping me.

Tap tempo works here on an FCB1010. You should send a control change 14 with value 127 on midi channel 1 (if that is what your Axe is set to listen to). In the OP you say you send it to midi channel 14 (not cc 14). Maybe thats it.

so is that in the axe edit ? i tried looking around that for inside the tempo setting but it doesn't have an option for that I can se it has all the usual LFO, External etc. but I just wnat it to see midi channel 14. I know its something simple I'm getting wrong. But I'm not great midi expert and this is stumping me.
in blocks that use time - like the Delay block - there is a TEMPO parameter. set that to a Note Value and it will change and lock the TIME value to a calculated value depending on the Note Value you chose and the Tempo you tap in.

the list of CC#s is in the I/O CTRL menu on the Axe Front Panel only; i believe 14 is the correct value though, unless it was changed.

Back
Top Bottom