Taming the Monster - Series and Parallel Routing

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
Here's my intro video on series and parallel routing using the Axe-FX II. I try to cover the what, why and how I use it briefly. I also get into some basic stuff with expression pedals too as an ancillary discussion in there.

Hope it is helpful to those that have requested it - this has been the most requested topic for a video and I really tried to stay focused on topic... but you know me... I'm not a rocket surgeon or a brain scientist and I present everything as I understand it and use it only. This is not an exhaustive study on the topic; but more a primer to get you started working with the grid.

Lots more ideas, concepts and details to be had here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/49482-wicked-wiki-12-parallel-paths.html

Feel free to ask any questions, share comments, suggestions, etc..

Hey Scott, is your preset out there in Axechange? there was a few things that I wanted to emulate in one of my presets.

That would be my suggestion.

Use a preset you can share for the videos.

I always find myself distracted and wondering about other aspects of the preset... in a good way :)

In this case, your quick demo of the preset at the beginning of the vid sounded so righteous, I wanted to check out the basic stuff.

Thank you very much Scott, that video was awesome I learned so much from it, very nice
example and an excellent way of explaining those things so that it was easy to understand.

You straightened out a whole bunch of question marks I've had since I got this marvelous
machine of ours.

Awesome thanks for doing these videos!

That would be my suggestion.

Use a preset you can share for the videos.

I always find myself distracted and wondering about other aspects of the preset... in a good way :)

In this case, your quick demo of the preset at the beginning of the vid sounded so righteous, I wanted to check out the basic stuff.

I'll put it out soon.

I'd prefer for Cab Lab to come out first... but I'll get something up.

I hope this isn't a dumb question:

Would it be possible to set up two cab blocks in parallel and use an expression pedal to pan between the two of them?

The purpose would be to organically fade from one tonal cab-color to the other (like from a #20 Brit to a #131 Uber).

If it is possible, what kind of level/mix law issues would we have to grapple with?

Back
Top Bottom