Taming the Monster - Building an Amp/Cab Preset in the Axe-FX II + Tweaking It

Looking forward to more!

Just an idea for future vids--you might explain a little more what sound or effect on the tone you are hoping to get when you twist the knobs--it's a little hard to tell some of the nuances in the speaker tab with Youtube audio, even with decent speakers.

It's a little easier to "use your ears" when you know what is supposed to happen depending on which way you turn the knob, and the effect changing one parameter will have on other pieces of the puzzle as you build the patch.

Thanks for the hard work.

$%&#$^ ... I didn't know you could click on the numbers ABOVE the knobs in Axe-Edit and specify a setting that way... O_O

Thanks for posting this Scott... Learned a lot! :)

much appreciated. Videos are way more fun to learn from, Thank you...looking forward to your next ones.

I have no doubt they will receive much praise around here!

Good job, Scott. I have only done minor tweaks on my presets, mostly to accommodate different pickups. It's a big help to see how more experienced users are making those small changes that separate a good tone from a great one. Thanks for the time and effort!

Thanks, Scott. I'm sure a lot of people will pick something up from the video.

The resolution wasn't quite high enough to read the labels on the controls or the values you were setting, so I opened up AxeEdit and followed along. Have you tried zooming in a bit closer?

Looking forward to seeing how you approach a clean preset...

Any update on the level setting video? A while back you posted in a thread stating you would try to make video to show us how to balance our preset levels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I second LMO and Shotgunn - interested in seeing/ hearing how clean patches are made, that's my weak area. Balancing presets I can do pretty good now, but I'd like to know some tips or tricks too, as I have to normally crank them up pretty loud to do it.

Great vid, thanks for posting!

+1 on the unity gain and patch leveling video(s). Would love to be taken through that. I agree that talking about what you're hearing or seeking while making the adjustments is a big help as well. I'd love to hear you talk through finding the master, gain, and tonestack settings too.

Thanks for the efforts Scott.

The resolution wasn't quite high enough to read the labels on the controls or the values you were setting, so I opened up AxeEdit and followed along. Have you tried zooming in a bit closer?
Switch to full-screen video. It's still a bit fuzzy, but it's readable.

By the way: smokin' stuff, Scott. There ain't nothin' like a walk-through. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom