Taming the MFC LED laser beams!

A little goes a long way:

5f732c28-3ec6-490f-871a-c5a1fcbf0d2a_1.26a02f093309a89e1a1f764a1c6d80b7.jpeg

i'm colourblind and I struggle to tell the difference between the green and red LEDs. I wonder if dimming them might help.

I use LightDims. Fortunately, they're not expensive because unfortunately, the type of LEDs used on the MFC don't allow them to be stuck on in such a way that they'll stay on for the long haul. Buy several packs of the things, is what I'm saying.

I think having super-bright LEDs on there is a Good Thing. But, I'm hoping for the sake of new users that in the next revision of the MFC there's either a small pot or a software setting added that will allow some adjustment to their brightness. As it is, they are like little laser beams.

I also use LightDims, they do a good job, but like mentioned above, they do tend to fall off eventually. Buy more than you need so you can replace occasionally.

I use small piece of yellow post it notes. these are are also the foundation for my button labelling :)

i'm colourblind and I struggle to tell the difference between the green and red LEDs. I wonder if dimming them might help.

There's a trick: colour the LEDs with red colour. Then the LEDs light bright when they show red and they glow darker when they show green.
Or color them green and then it's vice-versa.

You can tell the difference by the brightness then.
Want to make a test before colouring? Look through old-stylish red-green glasses for 3d television, you see at once what it does.

If it's about red and green only there's LEDs available that change from blue to yellow...you'd need someone to solder them.

I 'solved' this for myself a long while back, having tried light dims (which are great, but keep falling off).

Basically, hole punch some black vinyl self adhesive sheets (even gaffa tape will work) and stick them on the LEDs. Never had one fall off, and it gives a great 'halo' effect to the light. There's a post on it here somewhere if you do a search - if I can find it, I'll repost it.

Sukh

Here's a pic of the 'hole-punched gaffa tape' fix I used when I had an MFC. Worked perfectly, and never had one fall off. Looked pretty cool too :)

mfcledscopy_zpsf30f6d87.jpg

I must be the only person who likes the bright LEDs .... We use a fair amount of fog and haze when we play live so I guess this helps to diffuse the led beam.

Or I'm old and going blind ;)

I remember some people just using masking tape but ^^ the above seems perfect especially if you're color blind.

I'm just one of those people that has to customize whatever I own in some way. I kinda like the way some of the new pedal boards look with the light up ring around the switches. Had some lucite rod laying around and figured I would give it a go and see what it looked like. Now if I could just find the right size magnets. Thank's for sharing all.

Back
Top Bottom