AFIII Taking the Tele for a little iso-blues run with a factory preset.

Thanks!

The guitar is a bit of a mongrel - MJT body, Musikraft neck and Callaham hardware. I got it in a trade a year or so ago. It didn't play very well and I nearly threw it out but a luthier friend saved it from the woodpile. I'm glad he did as it's become a firm workhorse around here. The pickups are Seymour Duncan Five-Two's that I had never even heard of let alone tried before this guitar came to me. Now I think they're my favourite Tele pickups by a long shot. They're a mix of Alnico 2 and 5 magnets: 2 for the higher strings to smooth them out and 5 for the lower-string snap and punch. Great mix, I think. More info about them here: https://www.seymourduncan.com/pickup/five-two-tele-bridge

Very tasteful, nice playing through the changes. I like how you took different approaches each time through and especially how you spelled chords out over the major Motown sounding section. Well done!

Last edited:
A disconcerting amount of the time when I hear great tones it's a tele. Don't have one any more, which kinda seems like a mistake.

Nicely done Burgs :)

It's amazing, even when I take a different guitar than you, it takes me only a few little tweaks, to get a good and inspiring sound. And I also learn a lot from you about programming a patch. Again and again, thank you very much.

So glad to help, Jirai. Thank you for the encouraging and kind comment. There's plenty more to come!

Great and awesome play..how do you get that sustain? ... So bluesy and touching.

The sustain thing is just holding and squeezing, I think. I've always done it. A Dave Gilmour influence, perhaps. I don't own any blues records apart from 'referred blues' like early Zeppelin and similar. I've never been an attentive enough fan. I just like playing it, I guess. I like to think about notes in my head, kind of like mental singing, and then channel them to the fretboard. Thanks for your kind comment.

Very tasteful, nice playing through the changes. I like how you took different approaches each time through and especially how you spelled chords out over the major Motown sounding section. Well done!

Thanks. It's all just random improvisation. This was the first and only take that evening. I'm a terrible theorist so I just make little song passages up in my head and channel them to the fretboard. Occasionally it works quite well. All the best to you and thank you.

Thanks, Burgs. I have a tele that I have been thinking about trying different pickups in.

I can recommend these ones for sure. They never fail me. All the best.

A disconcerting amount of the time when I hear great tones it's a tele. Don't have one any more, which kinda seems like a mistake.

Nicely done Burgs :)

Cheers, Dave. Yeah, a Tele is something I don't think I could live without. On stage I mainly use Strats or the Ernie Ball equivalents; but at home in my own environment I always reach for a Tele. Love 'em. Cheers.

Thanks!

The guitar is a bit of a mongrel - MJT body, Musikraft neck and Callaham hardware.

Funny, I've got a MJT body and Musikraft neck tele as well. It's become my go-to.
I went a different route with the electronics....but this guitar will keep up with any Les Paul I've owned (for heavy music)0527142137b.jpg

Awesome Burges😎👍 And indeed snappy and punchy with this what I call natural compression happening, loved it
cheers

Back
Top Bottom