Taf_Wat_Mix

Yeah, I didn't think they were doing Speaker IR's anymore for some reason and hoping they might be available in one of the Cab Packs. Is it a Hiwatt cab? It's a great sounding IR and I'd like to try some different blends.

Yeah, I didn't think they were doing Speaker IR's anymore for some reason and hoping they might be available in one of the Cab Packs. Is it a Hiwatt cab? It's a great sounding IR and I'd like to try some different blends.

It was available in the TAF "Legends" pack. According to the documentation, it is an IR of a 4x12 HiWatt with custom Fane speakers. It is marked as 'extra deep', presumably meaning the cab is an extra deep cab.

There are some details of the other cabs available in this pack here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/amp-factory-cabs-whats-in-that-photo.84170/

It's a shame that The Cab Factory site has been down for so long. Hopefully it will be back soon. You could try using the contact page on the website to see if Andy from @TheAmpFactory is still selling the IRs via some other means.

Thanks for the info. Gonna contact them see if I can grab the legends pack. Obviously that IR sounds killer with a Hiwatt preset I tweaked, but it also sounds great with so many other amp models. A Princeton Reverb preset with that cab is one of my most used clean sounds.

Got a pretty quick response back from Andy at TAF and was able to hook up the Legends pack via Paypal (59.99 GBP) and an emailed link. Really liking the blends in Cab Lab I've been mixing with these IR's. Haven't really come up with a better blend yet for the Hiwatt cab that got me originally interested, but loving the Marshall Pre Rola's and Blue's. I'm a Royer/57 guy while tracking real cabs so having the individual mics and placements I use to create all the permutations I like get's me that much closer to how I'd do it with real amps and cabs.

Don't know what happened here. I bought the big platinum bundle with a promise of plenty of free updates and what not.
Haven't heard anything about those updates, plus the website's been mostly down since then, so I assume those promises were worth zero...

As mentioned I got a return email within a day. I'd email and ask about the future upgrades. seems like the entire product line is available it just isn't anywhere to access online.

That odd, I hope Andy is OK.

I don't even see his Fractal ID available to tag him in this conversation today.

Back
Top Bottom