TAF UR IR question/issue

is9582

Power User
I loaded the all of the UR IRs, that were included with FW14. All went without a problem, except for one, TAF_WAT_MIX. This was the last of the three groups I loaded, and just so happened to end up in User slot 100. I don't know if that had anything to do with the scenario, but I'll continue. I loaded these IRs late last night, and then hit the sack. When I started auditioning them this morning, user slot 100 had a different IR listed: OH MAR-CB EV-L T2 STUD-VNTG.syx . I assumed I'd just been tired and screwed something up last night, so re-loaded TAF_WAT_MIX. Closed AE completely, re-opened and checked again, only to find the same OH IR in that slot. I tried to take some of the repeated variables out of the situation and loaded TAF_WAT_MIX into user slot 72. No problem! Correct name is listed in slot 72 after closing and re-opening AE. I played on both the IR in user slot 72 and user slot 100, toggling back and forth, and what I have in 100 is totally different. I'd wondered if only the text portion of the IR was "stuck".

I'm curious if anyone knows why this may have happened? Should I just avoid user slot 100 and let the IR there live forever? I did a quick look to see if anyone else had mention this, so hopefully this is not a repeat. (Apologies in advance if I missed something)

Cheers

Lee

I remember this issue. I think user slot #100 is bugged, but I don't know if in the Axe itself or just Axe-Edit. Have you tried using Fractalbot to upload the IR to slot #100?

Yeah, used FractalBot to load them last night and this morning. Tried to load the last TAF IR into user slot 100 multiple times and the OH cab that was already in the same slot persisted. I wondered if that slot was buggered, too. I suppose it could just be an error in AE. Perhaps it doesn't reference beyond slot 99, if coder was thinking the slots count started at zero, there'd be no reason for 100?? Cliff/Matt thoughts?

Haha, OMG. I downloaded and installed v2 of FractalBot, but only on the new Mac I bought this weekend. I somehow forgot to load it on the current Mac relegated to AxeFX business. Now that I just installed it on the "correct" computer, it completely resolved the issue. Thank GM Arts. Thought I'd covered all the bases. Sheeeeesh.

Back
Top Bottom