TAF "The Legends" UltraRes IR OUT NOW!

Wow some of the comments are surprising... I don't understand how a reduced set would be able to accommodate the masses. You are not going to know what you like until you hear it and it's so personal that what feels and sounds right to me on my gear with my playing style will be completely different for everyone else. It's great you can find a handful of premixed and that's all you need but the effort and equipment required by TAF, OH, and others to even get to the point to create mixes doesn't change. It actually takes them additional time above and beyond the captures themselves to be offered as mixes. Personally I think it's a fantastic value... I paid in USD and it works out to roughly $0.15 per IR. Will I use every last one... of course not but I only need to find a handful of what I feel are golden ones to make the investment well worth it then I still have the option to tweak if and when I feel like it.

I would love to be able to purchase individual cab libraries. Say just all the mics and mixes of the basket weave etc. That way you can buy the cabs you want instead of the whole pack.

I personally prefer having mixes and mics. The way I see it is the mixes are the producer's take on the speaker/cab. Think of it as a factory preset in the Axe. But they also give you the individual mic captures to tweak to your liking. They have to capture the individual mics in order to do the mix anyway. Why not include them? I'm guessing that if "name brand" producers ever offer their personal recipes they would also include individual mics.

Great job on these Andy. I'm really enjoying the Basketweave's at the moment. Also love the fact that you have multiple room mics. Definitely a quality library. Thanks!

I wanted to throw my $.02 worth in on the talk about pricing but was having a hard time wording it so that it didn't sound unappreciative or disrespectful. Then I seen svl's post which sums up my thoughts exactly.

As stated above, I too really enjoy the $20 and $30 librarys that include mixes and mics and wouldn't think twice about buying new sets at that price point. At $100 a library I'm not sure I'll purchase future packs merely because I have more IR's than Yngwie has strats. I also have my handful of "go to" IR's. I'm not really seeking anything else.

I skipped the Fractal/OH UR library because of the price and because I have the previous OH librarys that I'll convert myself when the new Cablab is released. If it had been $40 I would have purchased it to have the UR format early. If I had bought that library for $100 I would not have bought the TAF library.

$30'sh range is a no brainer at any given time and will buy to experiment. $100 causes my logical mind to kick in and realize I don't need anymore IR's. :)

I totally agree. I have no problem dropping 20 dollars on an Ownhammmer pack, once in awhile, but 100 is too much for me. Splitting them up, say only 2 cabs for 20/30 dollars, or the lite version would be great. And I know people say, if you can spend 2,000+ on an Axe FX II, you can afford 100 in IRs. Well, that's not the case for me, I had to sell tons of stuff I already had to get the Axe FX II, so just dropping 100 on the producers pack(since there is still no cablab), and another 100 on the TAF pack is just too much. I do, however, really appreciate the 10 UR IRs that Cliff and Co. gave us, and the 10 TAF UR IRs we are getting soon, and as well as the users that have shared their UR IR Captures.

I like the option of building the "right" IRs for my needs - however, I find it very daunting to do that with my current understanding and ear fatigue. Maybe an option is to find a way instruct people to use the current files. Information like how to make a decision on the next IR to try based on what they want to change about what they currently hear. Hope that makes sense.

Find a way to teach us to fish and I think many more would be happy to buy the full pack. Is that possible?

What do you Windows 8 guys use to extract rar files? I don't want to download something that is going to unleash a bunch of spyware.

I've been busy with work but will pick up the pack by the weekend. Come on guys, no need to chop up the collection... If you find one or two awesome cabs would it not be worth the price? To me it is IMO

It took a few hours to get my download link. I imagine because when I ordered it was the middle of the night in England. But I just loaded up my first IR (TAF_Mars1x12_MIX) with my JTM45 preset and the pack has already paid for itself. Holy crap does it sound great!

I'm going to lose sooo many hours of my life when the new Cab Lab is released.

So some people want to certain cab packs, others want just the Mix versions etc. Maybe others just want the mix versions of certain cabs? I'm sure lots will see the value in having the whole bundle. It does seem to be difficult to please everyone.

Whatever happens, I hope it is worthwhile for AF, OH, RW, FAS & others to continue to produce these IRs and thus continue to provide choices for our fickle desires.

Well, I think its the "UK to US" conversion here that has been the cause of this problem and that's a bit of a shame, unfortunately one that I cannot control.

Can you shed some light on the speakers in the ART cab please?

+1 For mix ready cabs (live and studio). I appreciate the work involved is probably greater than just releasing single IR's and not providing mix ready IR's. I would probably pay the asking price just for a mix ready pack as it saves me time. I can't imagine that any small difference in approach to mixing cabs by 2 different engineers couldn't be fixed in the amp or PEQ blocks.

Understood. Not sure why the wave files would not be available due to license agreement. Maybe because it would open up ultra rez to non Axe users. (aka the K word?)

Well, K users can't use UltraRez files even if then try too. The License could be a thing that strictly prohibits to sell your efforts on capturing the IRs to other formats other then UR files if you choose to sell them in UR format.

Kind of limits the potential for any given company to earn more money for their hard work if the .wav files are not included, after all there are a ton of software that supports .wav files, and given this limitation the prices could not be as low as one might expect because the Axe FX segment are not as wide as the sum of all the other options on the market.

Still, The Red Wirez Big Box options is as complete as it gets, and its over whelming as well, having the amp factory do something similar but with fewer files could mean that potential studios, engineers and mortals could use this library, unfortunately that big segment of the market is gone once you can't include the .wav files, after all no one is going to buy the Axe Fx just to have this IR library.

Back
Top Bottom