TAF "The Legends" UltraRes IR OUT NOW!

Thanks Andy! About to give these a whirl!

From the Readme:

Greetings.

This bonus pack is to thank you in your support for TheAmpFactory, we like to take care of our customers and offer gifts when we can to show our appreciation.

This BONUS Pack is MIXED ir’s only. – they are split into set categories that I thought sounded good in each of its genre, :-

Clean (This is best with Clean based amps, gentle playing, Jazz chords and such)
Twang (This is a Clean+Country set, good for the ultra bright amps and with a tele)
ClassicRock (Great for Vintage style amps and the lower end of amp breakup)
Rock (The grunt, VH, Priest, 80, 90, and modern sounds here)
Metal (Metalish amps, lots of gain and torture)
Blues (Great for Low gain amps, and singing lead work)

However, I created these with the above in mind, this DOES NOT mean to say you need to stick inside the box. – A metal mix may very well work with a country setting, or a blues amp, and vice versa with all of them. – feel free to experiment.

So what are they? – well, they are a mixture of Legends/StudioDelta/Mesa Pack, and a few from my private collection of captures I’ve done for clients.

They are a bit special, as they have had a bit of production treatment in the process to fit with the genre (sets) – but nothing over the top or drastic, just a light bit of TLC and gentle EQing.

These are all direct mics, (some have rears) but feel free to use some of the room sounds with these, for more depth and 3D sound.

Well, that said, please enjoy!. And Please, let me know what you think.. as they say, good publicity is, good publicity!.

All the best to you.
Andy
TheAmpFactory

Dear all "Legend" pack holders.

If you all go to your account on the webpage, (download history) you will see an updated set of IR's for your enjoyment. (TAF-BONUS)

Enjoy! :)

These are absolutely great! Really digging the 59 Bassman with the blues and twang IRs - great clarity and low end. Thank you very much for these!

Did a quick run through (an hour or so goes by quickly when you're having fun) of the blues, classic and rock sets. There's some really good stuff here. And for "mixes" I like them categorized like this although I find myself trying to guess what each mix is comprised of. Can I flip to the back side of the readme to see the answers? lol

I can't wait to dig into these this weekend. Thanks again, great work!

Can't wait to tuck in to these. Thanks so much. Once I finish moving and get settled in to my new home I'll grab the Delta pack off you as well, since I use the Legend pack mix IR's almost exclusively.

Is it possible to compare one go to mix, for example Vox with some stock and Ownahmmer's impulses? Im almost ready to buy, but I think that possibility to hear the difference will really helps to make a decagon to spend 100 USD… May be some demo impulses of famous standard cabs, only and may be… Any ideas?

Is it possible to compare one go to mix, for example Vox with some stock and Ownahmmer's impulses? Im almost ready to buy, but I think that possibility to hear the difference will really helps to make a decagon to spend 100 USD… May be some demo impulses of famous standard cabs, only and may be… Any ideas?

A few (several?) firmware's ago Fractal included a TAF sampler that had 10 mixed IR's. TAF also has StudioDelta Demo IR’s on their site. OH has The Public Beta Redux on their site as well as many IR's included in the Axe. I don't think you're gonna get apples to apples comparisons but there are samples to explore. You could also buy one of the single libraries first which are somewhere in the $20 US range.

So I've experimented with a few of the mixes but I also used the TAF_Art_MIX_ROOM from the legends pack with the JTM45 Jump for the first time and I literally cannot stop playing except to type in this message.

Thanks for the new goodies Andy! I hope to have time to try these out tomorrow. From the responses so far it sounds like there's a lot to like in the bonus mix IR's. :)

Great stuff, glad your enjoying.. - can I ask, if you tried the IRs to match the music your playing? or did you ignore that and choose a cab based on sound to whatever amp you wanted to play.? (in otherwords, did you ignore the genre, and just choose a cab based on its sound regardless of genre playing)

Just trying to find out if the "genre" things is useful or not at all : )

Cheers
A

Back
Top Bottom