AFIII Tackling the White Lion "Wait" solo

CodePoet

Fractal Fanatic

Axe-Fx III. The band is playing this one live so had to dive into it. It's always been a high-water mark for 80s solos as it involves tapping, tapped vibrato, tapped bends, and other stuff that takes some fine control. Have to intonate those tapped bends well to really make it sing. And I've not been a big tapping guy. So still working on it but this is where it stands in a single pass at this point. Vito Bratta sure had some melodic solos.

Great! love this WL song - big VB fan here - I find the story quite sad re how he ended up moving away from guitar to a large extent after WL's initial success.

If you heard me play it live last night you would not say that. 😆. The stage got dark and I couldn’t see my fret markers. It’s kind of a tough solo to pick up in the middle. So it really crashed and burned.
Get 'em next time. Have had the same thing happen - right before we started the lights crashed and my fretboard markers are dark...was a bummer (for everyone!) for a bit. hahah

We've all been there man (on stage in the dark). Happens to everyone at some point. Two main variables will affect you live...standing up and poor lighting. One thing I could suggest is practice standing up. Maybe turn the lights down too. I'll frequently practice our setlist standing up in the days leading up to a gig.

Great job on the video!

If you heard me play it live last night you would not say that. 😆. The stage got dark and I couldn’t see my fret markers. It’s kind of a tough solo to pick up in the middle. So it really crashed and burned.
Oh no, I feel for you.. but impressed you're putting yourself in the firing line on difficult stuff to play

Back
Top Bottom