Wish Table view

Kamil Kisiel

Power User
A nice feature would be to be able to pop-up a spreadsheet-like view for a block. The rows would be all the parameters, and the columns would be the channels. The cells would show the numeric value of each parameter and allow editing. This would be extremely helpful when editing complex effects like the multitap delay where there's a ton of parameters and it's often useful to be able to quickly compare the settings of one channel to another. It's easy to miss something when paging through everything in two dimensions (channel buttons and pages).

You can export the whole preset as a CSV from the menu, but that's not what I'm suggesting. I mean an alternate view for a block that's being edited which allows you to edit the parameters as a table/matrix.

I like this idea, too. The GUI is pretty, but not organized as I would want it. To me, the idea of having a more dense, hopefully customizable (column and row reordering) way of setting things up would be great. Maybe even store a table setting per block, so I can have the first 8 rows of the amp table set to the most commonly-modded settings for my amp block. Same with reverb, etc.

Some settings might make less sense in a spreadsheet format: controllers, global block, etc. A header with those available in GUI switches would help.

If it read the parameters from the block definitions on the Axe, the table view could also give users a way to edit new parameters while waiting for an update to Axe Edit that adds them to the custom block UI.

plus 1

ideally with a "compare" function to see the parameters of 2 blocks (or channels) at once

Back
Top Bottom