Tablature Writer or Trainer Needed: Paid Gig

TexasHeartRush

Inspired
Hey friends. I need a tablature writer or trainer.

I am finishing a new instructional DVD. Need someone efficient at using Guitar Pro 6 (or similar) and writing accurate tablature for the riffs on the DVD. Style is hot country guitar. There is approximately 50 riffs broken down into 5 solos.

Paid work. Also, I am willing to pay for Guitar Pro 6 training (which I own) to do this myself. We could arrange a phone conference/screen share etc. if that seems easiest. I am very proficient at music related software I am just don;t have the tie for a self taught learning curve right now.

Or anybody who has other ideas on how this can be done quickly or services available for those of you who do this regularly, I would be grateful for the guidance.

Please PM name, info, experience, samples, pay requirements etc. and I will get right back to discuss the details and to send samples of the material.

Thank you! THR

I think you could actually do thus yourself with guitar pro 6. Maybe I could do a messenger call sometime this week and show you how to use guitar pro and see where that takes you.
Markmusicman
Let me know if you want to give it. Try

Isn't it possible to record into Guitar Pro? And wouldn't the Axe FX be a great tool for that purpose?

Isn't it possible to record into Guitar Pro? And wouldn't the Axe FX be a great tool for that purpose?

Not with an Axe FX, you can use a midi type device such as a Roland Guitar synth to send midi notes to Guitar Pro. It doesn't however record audio and convert it. But this would in all likelihood still need some editing.

I have used my guitar to record into guitar pro using a Roland Midi module and a GK3 pickup. But its pretty easy to right notes into it using the neck view. You just have to know a bit about music theory so you get the correct note lengths and when to use triplets and stuff like that. But it has the capability to put the pick directions and the rests and what ever else you need to score. Its pretty cool it will tell you when your measures are incomplete and you can also play back what you have scored to make sure you are writing everything correctly. Its a great tool.

Thanks for the info and help! I appreciate it.
I have a couple of irons in the fire right now and markmusicman is giving a hand for the moment. Well see.

I have Cubase 6.5 and I am able to convert my notes to midi and then import to Gp6, but it comes out VERY strange. It may be my settings? I don't know. It seems hot country chicken picken phrasing always challenges programs like this. There is fast pre bends, bends and alot of double/triple stops, slurs, ghost notes etc all in a short phrase and often moving at a good clip. I have seen some great tabs done, I just need to find out who is doing them or what they are using!

How are you making out? Did you decide to try this yourself, I am still available to do a conference call if you ever want to, just let me know man! Some really nice country licks to I think you'll have some great sales once its all complete.

If you get stuck I can do it for you, but I don't use that program. I use Sibelius the old fashioned way - by ear, guitar and notation.

And guys, I'd stay away from Melodyne and other computer generated "transcribers". They're good in their own way, but you ALWAYS need to correct them And if you don't know how to notate really well you score will be full of stupid errors. I have Melodyne and it's great. I use it some times to give me a midi file so I can double the guitar with synth. But even there I have to correct somethings.

Audio to MIDI to notation doesn't know what fret you are on and what strings you use for certain notes.

Guitar notation is best made by a guitarist who knows how to play.

Thank you for the replies everyone. My apologies for getting back to this thread so late! Thank you for all of the solutions. It means a great deal.

How are you making out? Did you decide to try this yourself, I am still available to do a conference call if you ever want to, just let me know man! Some really nice country licks to I think you'll have some great sales once its all complete.

Thank you, no one yet. I have ads everywhere and so far every one who is for 'hire' just says 'no thank you' after hearing the material. Something will transpire.

What about Notion Progression 2 ??

NOTION Music - Progression 2
Thank you. will check that out!

Melodyne...here's a demo converting audio to midi. Then, you can import the Midi to Guitar Pro 6.

I have Melodyne, have had it for 10 years. Didn't think of it cause I don't use it. My version would be older.

Fishman triple play Fishman Transducers, Inc.

Made to do what you're trying to do.

Interesting. Thank you!~
Sibelius does Tab from a Midi source. Get a Midi pickup and an interface and Sibelius and you'll be scoring (pun)... :D
Investing in midi gear? Ha. Not now but well see what transpires. I need to find the right solution for me and I have faith.

i'd help but i'm way to busy now... i'd also look into finale
Thank you for the offer either way.

If you get stuck I can do it for you, but I don't use that program. I use Sibelius the old fashioned way - by ear, guitar and notation.

And guys, I'd stay away from Melodyne and other computer generated "transcribers". They're good in their own way, but you ALWAYS need to correct them And if you don't know how to notate really well you score will be full of stupid errors. I have Melodyne and it's great. I use it some times to give me a midi file so I can double the guitar with synth. But even there I have to correct somethings.

That is generous Henry. Hey even if we didn't connect much, I have been in the 'Pro Audio' forums (as far back as the Music Player Forums 14 years ago) with a '10 year' badge on GS and I recognize your name. So... hello.

Audio to MIDI to notation doesn't know what fret you are on and what strings you use for certain notes.

Guitar notation is best made by a guitarist who knows how to play.
Right. I know what to do myself, but I don;t know what all of the 'symbols' in tab mean. I can't read tab well being dyslexic so writing it may be a challenge.

I know I could do it but how much are you planning in your budget for it. It is very time consuming if I was to get paid I would put the effort in to complete it. I took a listen to the other files you had sent me and they were easier to work with and both the same. Let me know how much material you have. How many solos are we looking at?

Back
Top Bottom