syx. to wav. question, need converter

jazzgtrl4

Experienced
Hi, im dumb...Here is my dilemma..im not even looking to convert IRs. Someway somehow i have converted Wav files which are music recordings of my band to SYX and i cant convert them back...i know..wtf..how or why did i do this..im not sure how this happened..it was awhile back since i did this and i gave up trying to figure it out untill now...i think i dragged this folder into cab lab lite i guess? and converted all these Wav to Syx by mistake...anyway to reverse the process?

Im aware of Axe o matic, and some of the others but cant get them to load on my mac. or they are old versions. I actually found axe o matic and put it on my Yosemite machine but it wouldnt recognize the Syx. said it wasnt Axefx I or II...?

There's no going back. Cab Lab would have almost certainly truncated the files to UltraRes length (8000 samples or about 167 ms) and discarded the rest of the sample data. If the file sizes of the .syx files are about 11 KB each, the rest of the data has gone the way of a politicians morals.

There's no going back. Cab Lab would have almost certainly truncated the files to UltraRes length (8000 samples or about 167 ms) and discarded the rest of the sample data. If the file sizes of the .syx files are about 11 KB each, the rest of the data has gone the way of a politicians morals.
Holy Fuck

Typically file conversion doesn't change or delete the original files, it just creates new files from the originals.

Does CabLab actually delete the originals?

Looks like Cab Lab Lite puts them into a subfolder called SYX when you select the same folder as source and destination. It does not appear to delete the originals automatically.

Looks like Cab Lab Lite puts them into a subfolder called SYX when you select the same folder as source and destination. It does not appear to delete the originals automatically.

Thanks, that help..finally found my originals...whew...ya that was weird. i couldn't find my folder with the .wav files of these rehearsals and all I could find were those converted Syx so i thought i was screwed.thanks

Back
Top Bottom