Syx IR to WAV IR - Can it be done using a DAW?

blaggers

Power User
I created my own IRs yesterday from my studio cabs using the AXE FX III. That was a very easy process and Im happy with the results in the AXE FX.

But I also want them in WAV IR format to use in my Boss Tube Amp Expander and DAW software. Is there any process that can be used to do this? I have the CabLab plugin so am trying to think of a DAW (Reaper) based process where I can play a sound through the IR loaded in cablab and create a wav IR from the results. Has anyone done this? If so whats the best process to use? Thanks.

Syx to Wav can't be done, only the opposite

Ive tried using Voxengo Deconvolver to generate a 1 second sine wave sweep test tone and processed that WAV file using the Cablab 3 plugin in Reaper. Then exported the processed sine wave sweep to WAV file and used Voxengo Deconvolver to create an IR. It has worked, but the output IR file doesnt look exactly like the original syx profile - not sure why - peaks are in similar places, but different amplitudes. I will do a bit more investigation.

Heres the original IR profile:-
1609427831655.png

Here's the one from Voxengo:-
1609427872864.png

I have used the original file as a reference (so plot only shows the difference) and the difference is only in the upper frequencies. Will see how it sounds.

1609428042252.png

Last edited:
Have found an easier way using Melda Productions MConvolutionMB software in DAW host with an instance either side of CabLab and use its capture capability - gives an almost identical IR (small differences shown below). This will work fine for the 40 or so IRs I need to convert.

1609436633762.png

Back
Top Bottom