Sythy Arps

simeon

Axe-Master
Synthy Arps

laresee was interested in getting a sound similar to that used on the new animals as leaders album. specifically the synth sound used on this track at 2:28...

now i don't know whether that sound was played on a synth, or sequenced, or played with midi guitar. it's very clean, so i don't think it was the axe, but here's a patch.

just play single notes in the key of A Major

i have it set up so that envelope causes the arpeggiator to run (envelope is also tied to both lfo's as well). this means the sequence starts when you play your first note

some ideas for tweaking and developing...

try attaching a cc pedal to the duty parameter of lfo 2
try changing the waveform in the synth, or adding another of a different type
try inserting a drive block after the synth
try inserting a lowpass filter after the synth and controlling frequency with a cc pedal
try changing the key of the pitch block
try adding another pitch block (via copy and paste) underneath the first one, changing the pattern and then quickly crossfading between them using a cc pedal inversely attached to input gain on each shifter
try adding other effects. like a phaser or flanger
try inserting an octaver after the pitch block
try playing with the pan shape in the pitch block

EDIT: original patch seemed to be borked, so uploaded a new one

Attachments

• Synth Arps (A Major).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Man, this is the kind of stuff that interests me the most with the Axefx. I can dial in an amp tone I like all day long, but the fx, synth and out there stuff, I just can't get enough of. :)

well this isn't a very complicated patch. i've done loads like this in the past. pull it apart and see how it's done. try some of the ideas i've suggested. make something groovy and post a clip!

See also factory preset "Satan's Hollow" (which may be slightly broken atm... I'll check)

The Synth Arps (A Major) preset doesn't give me any sound at all, strange. Firmware is up to date.

Update: First tried it without my MFC and Exp pedals connected... DUHHH!!!!

Working fine now thanks :encouragement:

Last edited:
And it sounds AWESOME! Thanks for this and the lesson on how to build synthy type stuff.

Back
Top Bottom