Wish System-wide modifiers

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
I posted this previously in a thread by Leon Todd.

Instead of having to assign modifier sources per preset, let’s have the processor generate a list of ALL modifiable parameters, and allow us to assign a modifier source to those parameters.

This would be systemwide modifiers, avoiding the need to edit each preset individually. Similar to assigning MIDI CCs.

Last edited:
+1
It would also make it very easy to change a batch of presets bought from a 3rd party or the factory presets. Ie: Wah assigned to External 1 in all presets but I use Ext 3. For example.

I don't like this idea (if I got it right) cuz it will be way less flexible than it is now.

Let's say you want to attach the "control" parameter of the wah block to an expression pedal in one preset and to the envelope follower in another preset (to make an auto-wah), with this implementation it wouldn't be possible.

Bumping this and breathing new life into the idea because of the Perform screens.

It’s so easy now to add a Delay Feedback control to Perform.

I’d love a similar simple approach to attach an external controller to Delay Feedback in every preset, without having to edit the Delay block in each preset.

Bumping this and breathing new life into the idea because of the Perform screens.

It’s so easy now to add a Delay Feedback control to Perform.

I’d love a similar simple approach to attach an external controller to Delay Feedback in every preset, without having to edit the Delay block in each preset.
Maybe just a blanket ability to attach a modifier to a Perform control.

Not sure I understand how this would work. Using DLC's example let's say I use a Global modifier to attach EXP1 to my Wah... would it override the times I want to have an auto-wah instead of a pedal? And what about presets that don't have a Wah, but I want to use EXP1 for something else? Would it be "locked out" or would it be free to control other fx? Attaching to the Perform control might be a better idea if it didn't interfere w/ other presets, but then you'd run into the issue of either making sure you do, or don't, have that control in the menu for different presets. So we're back to a different version of the same original issue (?)

I probably wouldn't use this feature (except maybe for Volume pedal) but can see the benefits if you don't have different uses for the same function (i.e. if you always only use a pedal wah), and if your setup works with having a given pedal/switch always dedicated to that function. As long as we can still use assignments like we do now, bring it on!

Back
Top Bottom