Sysex messages/programming for delay tempo/time for Axe-Fx 3

unFILTERed

Power User
Last year Fractal Audio kindly sent me an excel sheet of sysex messages to change the tempo/time in delay block. Which i shared on the forum and i think its also on the Axe Fx Wiki page. But its for axe fx 2.

Is there anywhere a similar list for Axe FX 3?

I know the information is out there to calculate and come up with those sysex messages but...one more thing to learn how to do :/.

Cliff had said a few months ago that he was going to add sysex for setting tempo (it was a reply to a post of mine). I don't think it was ever implemented...

In the latest midi spec it lists getting/setting tempo via SysEx. I haven’t tried it yet.

just checked it, as i mentioned i think the information is out there....for the ones who know how to calculate sysex messages. which i can't :(
to run a studio, learn x billion software, plugins, daws, program devices like axe fx 3, midi controllers.....annnddddd no i wont learn this last bit
for sysex messages :) and will wait someone comes up with those.

just checked it, as i mentioned i think the information is out there....for the ones who know how to calculate sysex messages. which i can't :(
to run a studio, learn x billion software, plugins, daws, program devices like axe fx 3, midi controllers.....annnddddd no i wont learn this last bit
for sysex messages :) and will wait someone comes up with those.

Just re-read your post. Sorry I missed this the first time. Is this the spreadsheet you are looking for?

How to convert tempo as two 7-bit MIDI bytes, LS first?

Close, i dont wanna change the tempo, i just wanna change the note value in delay block (1/4, 1/8, 1/4d, 1/8d etc...). Still thx for trying to help, appreciate it.
You probably should have said that more clearly in the OP. Every reply to your post was talking about tempo, not note value.

Why would you want to change the note value with sysex? Is that something you expect to do while performing? Probably much simpler to just use channels on your delay with different note values.

You probably should have said that more clearly in the OP. Every reply to your post was talking about tempo, not note value.

Why would you want to change the note value with sysex? Is that something you expect to do while performing? Probably much simpler to just use channels on your delay with different note values.

the subdivision section is called "Tempo" even on the unit it self, and on the title i wrote "tempo-time". maybe you should send a message to fractal or other companies building delay units to come up with a terminology where every one uses the same word for same parameter :)

and thats how i set my axe fx 2 before i had the 3. i dont wanna use channels for time changes, i wanna use them for different delay types.
and with 1 switch on Liquid Foot i can change the time/tempo/subdivison (what ever word you would prefer to read).

the subdivision section is called "Tempo" even on the unit it self, and on the title i wrote "tempo-time". maybe you should send a message to fractal or other companies building delay units to come up with a terminology where every one uses the same word for same parameter :)

and thats how i set my axe fx 2 before i had the 3. i dont wanna use channels for time changes, i wanna use them for different delay types.
and with 1 switch on Liquid Foot i can change the time/tempo/subdivison (what ever word you would prefer to read).
This issue has been raised numerous times as being confusing to users. The value we choose is absolutely not the tempo ;)

That being said, you would need to check the midi spec for Axe Fx III to see if this has been exposed. I don't think it has...

Any word on this?

I'd like to be able to remote control Tempo subdivisions for the LFO Controllers. I've tried using Midi Monitor with Axe Edit III running but it just reads the constant stream of Midi data making it impossible to capture the Sysex messages for LFO Tempo.

Axe-FX III parameters are not accessible by simple MIDI messages, with the exception of a few such as tempo and looper controls.

You can send sysex messages to control tempo which will allow you to set your delays without changing the tempo subdivision.

You could also use scenes to switch between different tempo subdivisions.

You could also use scenes to switch between different tempo subdivisions

Thanks yeah...but that's quite a limiting workaround in a situation where a song's various sections are already divided as Axe scenes, and in one of those song sections you want to toggle between subdivisions of the LFO.

Doing it with LFO Channels instead would only give you 4 subdivisions too.

Back
Top Bottom