Synyster Gates on Fractal, working with them, and possible future of the Axe FX?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's a place you go to tell the entire world what you had for lunch and that you're feeling sad today.

So, just like this EXACT place?

Hey everyone I just got a new guitar today!!! (a thing that happened to you)
There was recently a post about Cliff losing a Pet. (sad)

In no way am I trying to minimize that those shouldn't be things here. It's definitely the place for it. I'm saying it's awesomely hypocritical to blast on facebook when this exact same stuff happens here.

In no way am I trying to minimize that those shouldn't be things here. It's definitely the place for it. I'm saying it's awesomely hypocritical to blast on facebook when this exact same stuff happens here.
Not so hypocritical, really. There's a difference between a place where people post personal stuff incidentally to the main purpose and a place where that stuff is the main purpose.

And there's a big difference between a place that's designed to facilitate people helping each other and a place that's designed to maximize its own revenue by drawing personal information out of people and then harvesting that information.

And there's a big difference between a place that's designed to facilitate people helping each other and a place that's designed to maximize its own revenue by drawing personal information out of people and then harvesting that information.
Ain't that the truth. What I really would like to see is for the bots to get smart enough to realize to stop loading ads for something *I've already bought* - like, duh.

Not so hypocritical, really. There's a difference between a place where people post personal stuff incidentally to the main purpose and a place where that stuff is the main purpose.

I see your point, but don't really agree with it. The main purpose of Facebook (from a user standpoint) I would say is to share things and view things that your peers are sharing. That's basically what this place is. This place is here to help fractal make money. The forum offers users a chance to tribe together, and at its worst, shit all over competing products, but at its best be extremely helpful for users. I'm glad it's here for some questions I've had. Still, it's sole purpose is to ultimately help fractal sell products. Whether they make their money by selling a product or mining data is different, but in my opinion not that relevant.

Now, if you choose not to use facebook because you don't find value in it, fair enough. A person on facebook talking about how his idiot friend spends all day on a guitar forum is just as closed minded of a statement, but really quite parallel with yours.

So, just like this EXACT place?

Hey everyone I just got a new guitar today!!! (a thing that happened to you)
There was recently a post about Cliff losing a Pet. (sad)

Ha! Some valid points!

So if we take it a step further...(according to the OP) the person with the most followers on here is the most popular Axe FX user in the world.
Maybe even the universe....

Whether they make their money by selling a product or mining data is different, but in my opinion not that relevant.
Totally relevant. It makes all the difference in the world. Fractal doesn't keep track of who I am, where I live, what I like, who my friends are, what my political views are, where I go and what I do, and then sell that information to third parties. In my world, that kind of behavior is far more...um...Synyster. :)

I'm 53 and really enjoy A7X. Took my kids to their concerts in the earlier days and they took a big hit losing their drummer. If you watch their documentary it's obvious the drummer was big part of the song writing process. As far as relevant maybe see how many articles and interviews have been done about and even lessons by Synyster and Zacky in the guitar publications in the last 10 years. Great live performers and I love the harmonized leads. I hate "cookie monster" vocals. I see these guys as more of a cross between Metallica and Alice Cooper.

The point is, he's hugely popular and famous

Lots of rock and metal bands over the years, attaining more fame than A7X, yet their guitar player's tone was never something to drool over. But I think the point here is that you've been triggered, young lad.

has more access than any of us.

access? Really? Unless you live in a 3rd world country, there's never been more access to incredible gear like today. You can buy anything you want on a credit card and return it after trying for a few days, with little or no return fee. Man, I miss that part of being in the States!

I'm a nobody, but you might be surprised at some of the people on this forum.

Lots of rock and metal bands over the years, attaining more fame than A7X, yet their guitar player's tone was never something to drool over. But I think the point here is that you've been triggered, young lad.

access? Really? Unless you live in a 3rd world country, there's never been more access to incredible gear like today. You can buy anything you want on a credit card and return it after trying for a few days, with little or no return fee. Man, I miss that part of being in the States!

I'm a nobody, but you might be surprised at some of the people on this forum.

I wasnt the triggered one buddy, I honestly don't care what anyone here thinks of ANY musical act. Music is personal and we all like different things for different reasons. I like listening to Avenged Sevenfold sometimes and other times I have no desire to listen to them. I posted the video and several delusional members who believe the Axe FX is absolutely flawless got angry because Synyster Gates hasn't gotten perfect tube tones from the Axe FX and prefers to bring his signature amp on the road still(he still brings several Axe FX's on the road with him) and they completely ignored the part that I was asking about. But this is the reason I dont like posting on this board. If anyone has any criticism of the Axe FX, all the regulars here jump on it an attack people for not being fully convinced. I have used it for a few years now and love it, but I've noticed differences with actual tube amps. It's not 100% there yet, that's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact. If it were there, Cliff probably wouldn't still be developing new firmware to make it sound better. I also never said he had some incredible tone to drool over. HE implied that he's just hearing something from his signature amps that he's not getting from the Axe. That's it. And as far as having access, I meant to industry information. He's a very popular artist with signature amps and products and companies like Fractal want him to use their products and set up endorsement deals. Fractal hasn't contacted you for an endorsement deal have they? The point is that these guys regularly find out about stuff before average joes do. Everyone needs to chill out and get a life. There's more important shit out there than caring what someone thinks about the Axe FX.

I have used it for a few years now and love it, but I've noticed differences with actual tube amps. It's not 100% there yet, that's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact. If it were there, Cliff probably wouldn't still be developing new firmware to make it sound better. I also never said he had some incredible tone to drool over. HE implied that he's just hearing something from his signature amps that he's not getting from the Axe. That's it.

Have you considered that in your case, and his case, this may be down to personal bias? Because you think something sounds better, you perceive it as such? Which is why the only true test is a blind listening test. And even there are always true believers. There have been cases of boutique pedal builders taking existing pedals, rehousing them in a new enclosure and selling them. And even though they've been exposed there are still people (who have bought them) who still maintain that these rehousings are better.

As for Cliff still developing firmware, there could be an element of him still finding faults in his own work. Art is never truly finished, just abandoned. I still find faults in my old recordings where I think that could have been done better. George Lucas did and re-re-re-released Star Wars how many times since? I can imagine Cliff thinking the same. And it wasn't like others found previous firmware versions to be that bad. Lots of famous artists were swayed by the Axe with earlier firmware.

And as far as having access, I meant to industry information. He's a very popular artist with signature amps and products and companies like Fractal want him to use their products and set up endorsement deals. Fractal hasn't contacted you for an endorsement deal have they? The point is that these guys regularly find out about stuff before average joes do. Everyone needs to chill out and get a life. There's more important **** out there than caring what someone thinks about the Axe FX.

Because you get free endorsement stuff doesn't automatically mean you know the ins and outside of future technology developments in the chip industry. Methinks you're just as likely to get smoke blown up your a r s e as the rest of us. Maybe even more, as these companies want you to pick up their gear, so they can sell more to us.

Personally I couldn't care less what this guy thinks of the Axe, as to me he is a non-person. Don't know about them, don't care. And to me the Axe is not something I worship, just an incredibly useful tool, good enough to replace my previous analog tools. I'm sure it will be replaced by something even better in the future. The only thing I did find questionable was that because his band has 17 million followers on FB he's supposedly better then the rest of us. Now, maybe you didn't mean to say it like that, but that was how it came across.

holy thread revival....

Regardless of all the drama in this thread Synyster Gates is an awesome shredder!!! Love the solo's on The Stage and Higher.

~SS

HE implied that he's just hearing something from his signature amps that he's not getting from the Axe.

To be fair, if I had a signature amp, you bet I would be hearing things in it that I wouldn’t be getting anywhere else.

This is not to say that there’s no difference or modeling is 100% perfect, but whatever endorsers say about products bearing their name is just not a valid argument, IMO. It may be true, or it can be 100% BS, or it can be false but they convinced themselves, whatever, it’s just not trustworthy. It’s like asking Putin whether Russia is a democracy.

Higher you say?

latest

Yep, Higher.... that lick at the end of the solo around the 3:44 mark is AWESOME!!!

~ss

Back
Top Bottom