• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Synthpop with ambient guitar

Sustainerplayer

Experienced
Cubic is one of these songs that almost wrote itself - and very fast. It is a simple loop-like piece made with two synth-arps. As soon as the text was written I already had the idea for the ambient guitar sound in my head. I think it took two hours to write and record entirely. After that it has been laying around on my harddrive for some time until I decided to make a master.

The video was like-wise rather quickly done. By coincidence I saw the "Ink-effect" in Apples SoMe app "Clips" - from there I quickly got the idea and storyboard in my head which would fit the song.

14 video shots - sync'ed op in iMovie and then imported into the Clips-app and rendered with the ink-effect on an iPhone 8+. Then back into iMovie for subtitles and sound sync. From start shooting video to the finalized music video was ready I think it took 6 hours.

And for things that comes that easy I really think it turned out rather well.

Noncommittal - Cubic

After I've done the video I have seen that this ink-effect is one of the new features of the latest Final Cut update ;-)

Top Bottom