AFIII Synth Workout - "The One Thing" by INXS - tracked, triggered, and sequenced

CodePoet

Fractal Fanatic
Greetings 80s fans! Here's a video that goes through an overview of a preset of "The One Thing" by INXS that I put together showing off three flavors of the Axe-Fx III synth block. One scene uses the pitch follower to implement a split guitar/synth setup (guitar tone for the low notes, synth tone for the high notes) and is tracking the pitch to play the synth. Another scene implements a triggered and gated synth to perform a synth chord via the envelope follower. A third scene plays a sequenced synth line with a clean guitar underneath. There's a playthru at the end to demonstrate the three scenes with a backing track.

Special thanks to @Bakerman for helping out with some of the pitch follower implementation!

Great work! Sounds much better than the INXS live version, see

One of my favorite bands. I haven't seen this vid yet, but I've seen some live stuff from them whose biggest flaw was how much like the albums everything was. They definitely could do a show.

In other words no :)
Great sounding preset though

@keithguitarfan - this is a work in progress and has some unique things - the frequencies are calculated for Eb, some custom control switches are in use, global blocks, 3rd-party cabs, etc. But I'll definitely put together something more shareable that has the guts of everything here. I have toyed with the idea of releasing some paid presets - 80s song editions - for those that want a complete, ready-to-go solution for specific songs, kinda like what Moke does. I don't know if that is possible/feasible but will see.

More importantly however - how have you been feeling? (Hopefully better if you're surfing the Fractal site). Thought I saw you had recovered but were down again? Best of luck with everything.

@keithguitarfan - this is a work in progress and has some unique things - the frequencies are calculated for Eb, some custom control switches are in use, global blocks, 3rd-party cabs, etc. But I'll definitely put together something more shareable that has the guts of everything here. I have toyed with the idea of releasing some paid presets - 80s song editions - for those that want a complete, ready-to-go solution for specific songs, kinda like what Moke does. I don't know if that is possible/feasible but will see.

More importantly however - how have you been feeling? (Hopefully better if you're surfing the Fractal site). Thought I saw you had recovered but were down again? Best of luck with everything.
I'm on and off better my new doc has my diabetes under better control with a whole new approach. My a1c was 13.2 and my blood sugar was running in 350 to 625 range. Down to 250 now and still working on it.

I'm on and off better my new doc has my diabetes under better control with a whole new approach. My a1c was 13.2 and my blood sugar was running in 350 to 625 range. Down to 250 now and still working on it.
Not to pry, but have you tried ozempic for diabetes?
My brother is on it, fingers it quite helpful, lost weight too (no idea of that would be good for you, and I'm not a doctor).

Back
Top Bottom