Synth through the Axe-Fx III

Shaw

Inspired
OK... Any reason reason I couldn't put a synthesizer through the AxeIII? Of course I realize I'd need to use inputs 2, 3 or 4 instead of 1 (the Instr. input)... but is there anything else I'd need to take into consideration? Any adjustments that need to be made for the line level signal. Any possible harm from this?

Sorry if this is a bone-headed idea. I have them from time to time....

and dont forget the power of the USB Input block...with proper routing you can bring any Software Synth/Sampler/Etc right in...I am having big fun right now with my Linnstrument and a couple MPE capable softsynths and some III delay and verb....but WARNING! AxeEdit III and Logic still do not get along at all....at least in my config.....Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 5.42.03 PM.jpg

Yeah... tried this out last night with my Prophet 12 -- sounded glorious. It took just a second to get the levels adjusted, but after that, it was all good. I think the AxeIII is underrated as an FX unit (aside from it's amp modeling and cab IR abilities).

... more to come in this arena for sure.

Yeah... tried this out last night with my Prophet 12 -- sounded glorious. It took just a second to get the levels adjusted, but after that, it was all good. I think the AxeIII is underrated as an FX unit (aside from it's amp modeling and cab IR abilities).

... more to come in this arena for sure.

Prophet rev2 here; really want the X! Hehe

and dont forget the power of the USB Input block...with proper routing you can bring any Software Synth/Sampler/Etc right in...I am having big fun right now with my Linnstrument and a couple MPE capable softsynths and some III delay and verb....but WARNING! AxeEdit III and Logic still do not get along at all....at least in my config.....View attachment 49141

I've resorted to bringing my synth back into Input2... I desperately wanted to utilize the USB block, but my Mac's "AudioMidiSetup" and communication with the III goes berserk when I ask the AXEIII, AxeEdit III, and Fishman TriplePlay to share the same USB chord... The moment I touch anything in AxeEdit under these conditions, POOF, the communication with the Axe III goes intermittent, at best. Maybe someday....

The good part, SYNTH into the Axe and it's wondrous effects is amazing, especially in a LIVE setting!!

I've resorted to bringing my synth back into Input2... I desperately wanted to utilize the USB block, but my Mac's "AudioMidiSetup" and communication with the III goes berserk when I ask the AXEIII, AxeEdit III, and Fishman TriplePlay to share the same USB chord... The moment I touch anything in AxeEdit under these conditions, POOF, the communication with the Axe III goes intermittent, at best. Maybe someday....

The good part, SYNTH into the Axe and it's wondrous effects is amazing, especially in a LIVE setting!!
Yes, I got the same setup, and the TP is definitely hinky, it seems apparent that there are problems with Apple’s current MIDI implementation especially with regards to FAS (I think that @Admin M@ has been working with Apple to address issues for some time...)and I found out the hard way that the Mojave beta borked AudioMidi in my new MacBook Pro to such an unusable extent I had to roll back to High Sierra, which is no picnic.

Yes, I got the same setup, and the TP is definitely hinky, it seems apparent that there are problems with Apple’s current MIDI implementation especially with regards to FAS (I think that @Admin M@ has been working with Apple to address issues for some time...)and I found out the hard way that the Mojave beta borked AudioMidi in my new MacBook Pro to such an unusable extent I had to roll back to High Sierra, which is no picnic.

I am now an EXPERT at resetting the PRAM/NVRAM and deleting .plist files- and I try NOT to be expert at anything...

and dont forget the power of the USB Input block...with proper routing you can bring any Software Synth/Sampler/Etc right in...I am having big fun right now with my Linnstrument and a couple MPE capable softsynths and some III delay and verb....but WARNING! AxeEdit III and Logic still do not get along at all....at least in my config.....View attachment 49141

@bradlake, how do you like the Linnstrument? I'm mighty impressed by the demo's.

@bradlake, how do you like the Linnstrument? I'm mighty impressed by the demo's.
Used with the right soft synths, (enabled for multidimensional Polyphonic Expression—-MPE) it may be the best midi instrument Ive tried, and very intuitive
For guitarists to use , and now that I have learned how to keep AxeEdit III from interfering with its functionality in Logic, I find myself playing it a lot these days, it goes very deep , deeper than I have figured out yet....I have yet to use it with hardware synths, but imagine it would be great.http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
Used with the right soft synths, (enabled for Midi Polyphonic Expression—-MPE) it may be the best midi instrument Ive tried, and very intuitive
For guitarists to use , and now that I have learned how to keep AxeEdit III from interfering with its functionality in Logic, I find myself playing it a lot these days, it goes very deep , deeper than I have figured out yet....I have yet to use it with hardware synths, but imagine it would be great.http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/

How are you triggering? Fishman, GK, MIDI Guitar 2, other?

Back
Top Bottom