"synth pipe" changes since 7.0?

gdgross

Experienced
So i was playing around last night and I ended up on the 'synth pipe' patch that I downloaded from axechange a while back.

Now there's this weird extra note. It's like the synthesizer block is adding another tone that's not dependant on the pitch of what I'm playing. I'm guessing there was a firmware change somewhere along the line. Anyone else notice this and perhaps sort out the issue? I'm not super familiar with the synthesizer block.

Come to think of it, it could be in the resonator block, too, which follows the synth.

Thanks guys!

This sure sounds like Resonator block to me, since the whole purpose of Resonator is to create musical tones (resonances) where there are none (percussive hits, etc.).

To find out for sure, try muting the Resonator block and see if the "extra note" goes away.

gdgross said:
So i was playing around last night and I ended up on the 'synth pipe' patch that I downloaded from axechange a while back.

Now there's this weird extra note. It's like the synthesizer block is adding another tone that's not dependant on the pitch of what I'm playing. I'm guessing there was a firmware change somewhere along the line. Anyone else notice this and perhaps sort out the issue? I'm not super familiar with the synthesizer block.

Come to think of it, it could be in the resonator block, too, which follows the synth.

Thanks guys!

There were changes made to the resonator block back in 6.x. It is probably that.

Okay, I narrowed it down to one of the synths. It generates two tones, one a triangle at +12 vocies, and the other a sine at pitch.

I can't for the life of me get the sine synth to play the notes I play though! It's pitch is like a minor third or something below the note I actually play on the guitar! I don't know why this is; I tried reloading the synth block and no change, either.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom