Synth: Local Pitch Tracking, Universal Local Pitch/Envelope

Was just wondering how possible it it to have local pitch tracking on the synth block?? I use a VG-99 into input 2 and my guitar pups into the front of my Axe-FX. For duo and trio gigs, I regularly play bass and guitar at the same time splitting the strings and sounds within the VG. In the situation that spawned this request, I was playing a split acoustic on strings 1-4 and bass on strings 5 and 6. I was trying to get a synth bass sound to layer on top of my electric bass sound. The problem is that the bass sound I want the synth to double is coming in through input 2 and I have no way to assign the pitch to that input. I have the same issue with the envelope.

So I would love to locally assign pitch and envelopes. It would be great if that were universal. I've had issues before using a virtual guitar through input 2 and having to set the envelope based on my magnetic pups which aren't being used and have a different feel. There are some gigs where I actually never use my standard pups and still have to have my guitar plugged in with a standard cable as well as my GK cable to accommodate envelopes. In those cases, many times my virtual guitar is in an alternate tuning so unless there is local pitch, I simply can't use pitch controlled effects.

Please tell me this is doable. My virtual guitars aren't going anywhere as the layering and alternate tuning options they give me are awesome, in fact I'm probably going to add a GR-55 as well for more sounds, but I hate losing the use of effects in my AFX. The VG-99 effects can sound really good, but my Ultra sounds way better.

Back
Top Bottom