Synth Block

slinky005

Power User
Anyone have any presets they are trying to re-create using the synth block?
Parameters are not identical in the modifier,
Having a hard time getting what i'm going for.
Actually trying to re-create Yek's Moog SuperLead

I don't have Yek's Moog SuperLead (though it sounds like something I'd really dig). I did make this though (attached preset and audio file demo -- just straight into ProTools)

Attachments

• Synth.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Synth Example - audio.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
One of the tricks to a convincing synth patch is using an ADSR or LFO to control the amplitude or filter (or both). Mess around with those combinations and you'll be in synth heaven in no time flat.
Glad you like.
If you ever get Yek's recreated, please share. I'm sure it is killer.

moog superlead was my patch

what makes it cool (imo) is two things - it runs the synth block into a tape distortion and it has portamento, which is created by attaching the pitch parameter in the synth block to the pitch modifier and turning pitch tracking off. i don't have a III, so i don't know what's changed in the pitch block.

@slinky005 - why isn't it working properly?

what makes it cool (imo) is two things - it runs the synth block into a tape distortion and it has portamento, which is created by attaching the pitch parameter in the synth block to the pitch modifier and turning pitch tracking off. i don't have a III, so i don't know what's changed in the pitch block.

The pitch tracking didn’t seem to be tracking properly. In the III the modifier page is slightly different so there’s something off.

just try adjusting the start, mid and end values where pitch is modifying frequency in the synth block. i had to mess about to find those values and i know other people had problems, because when they tried the patch, they needed to tweak those values a bit. i would ignore any new parameters, leave them at default

Messed around with for quite a while and couldn’t get it happening.
All I did was play around with the start , end etc.
I’m sure you could figure it out.

what you need to do is to play a low E while messing around with the start value. when that's in tune, play the high E string and tune the mid value. then play your highest D or E note and tune the end value. you gotta be all scientifical bout it, see

Sorry for mis-attributing your work!
This sounds like a super cool patch. Can you record it so I can hear it? Or at least use AxeEdit to screen shot some of the parameters?

Thanks!!!

This sounds like a super cool patch. Can you record it so I can hear it? Or at least use AxeEdit to screen shot some of the parameters?

Thanks!!!
I have the original Axe II version. I can send it to you.

Try start/mid/end at 0/50/100. Play a low note that keeps the dot some small distance above the low (left) edge of the modifier graph. Adjust "min" until the synth is in tune with your note. Repeat this with a high note near the top of the range and the "max" parameter. Check both notes a couple more times and adjust if needed.

If you adjust start/mid/end to have a mid value that isn't halfway between start & end that's just going to cause problems. If the min/max adjustment isn't fine enough to get perfect tune, a slight adjustment to scale & offset might help as a final step.

Last edited:

Thanks!!!

it's in my controllers video, so you'll see some of the parameters in there and hear it. just look on the youtubes for "simeon axe controllers"

Back
Top Bottom