• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Synth block update?

simeon

Axe-Master
1) morphing waveforms - rather than pick from a dropdown list, put the waveforms on a knob and have the axe morph smoothly from one to the next

2) give voice 3 the option to modulate voices 1 and/or 2

3) replace individual filters with a master filter page with it's own adsr

4) a portamento control

5) add a master saturation control

i realise the last 3 can be achieved by other means at the moment, but it would be nice to have everything in one block.

it would be splendid to have a dedicated adsr for the three voices as a group, but i'm not sure this is possible, as any non zero release time would cause overlapping notes. monosynths seem to manage it, though.

ta

simeon

Axe-Master
what would also be amazing is a kind of input compressor/filter, that takes the input signal and squashes it into a user defined max/min level. set max and min close together to have a low dynamic range with lots of sustain. set them far apart for wide dynamic range.
and there's a low cut/high cut on it to remove unwanted frequencies to prevent false triggers.
it would save having to use a drive and a compressor in front of the synth block.

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
what would also be amazing is a kind of input compressor/filter, that takes the input signal and squashes it into a user defined max/min level. set max and min close together to have a low dynamic range with lots of sustain. set them far apart for wide dynamic range.
and there's a low cut/high cut on it to remove unwanted frequencies to prevent false triggers.
it would save having to use a drive and a compressor in front of the synth block.

In my experiments with the tracking, I found setting the noise gate threshold higher than normal cleaned up most of the false triggering better than any other method (I'm sure I didn't try them all) but may have to adjust playing technique to compensate.

But +1 to the updates

yyz67

Power User
+1

The processors in this unit can handle it. An awesome synth could/should be next frontier after amp modeling (which is 99.9%? complete).

Top Bottom