Wish Synth block improvements

Hello,

I personally would be absolutely delighted and grateful to see the synth block improved in terms of tracking and ready to go sounds.

Adding features like sequencers arpegiator etc would be unbelievable.

Thank you Fractal team.

Last edited:
Pretty much what I put in my wishlist but some of the pedals from EH, Mel 9 etc etc, tbh the Helix synth patches are better so its not beyond the wit of Fractal to sort it

i've been asking for some improvements for a long time, but no dice. it hasn't changed much since beginning. a proper adsr and the ability to modulate one voice with another, are my main two wishes. a master filter, portamento and the ability to allow a small amount of dry attack through (controlled by an adsr) are all things which can be achieved at the moment with some fiddling around, but they would be nice of have built in. keep asking....if cliff sees there's interest and it's possible to make the changes without a bit hit on cpu etc we might get lucky.

I agree that improvements on this side of sounds is probably more rewardable for the Axe then to improve the drive of pedal nr. 356. It makes the Axe a machine for producing modern sounds that have not beeen heard before, rather than chasing old tones. That should be at least as interesting.

Simeon Harris makes some synth presets that are probably exactly what you're looking for:

https://www.simeonharris.co.uk/fractal.html
Absolutely. Simeon is absolutely amazing And his presets are my go to for synth lead , but the problem is from the tracking.
i guess we could manifest the users interest by the number of our posts here ?
i mean it is already the best unit out there and I believe the fractal team is doing an amazing job in making new firmwares, but if you are looking for that synth sound with beautifully Tracking leads , it fails you. Many competitors have achieved this .

That sort of thing would probably require them to implement USB MIDI adapter mode on the III first. Oddly enough, the II had it.
Well boss , Neuraldsp ( sorry to mention the competitors , but I mean it in a good way) have nailed it (even if the sounds of the boss sy are totally anecdotic) . and without midi .

That sort of thing would probably require them to implement USB MIDI adapter mode on the III first. Oddly enough, the II had it.
sorta quazi did it by figuring out which modifier min/max values matched which notes and programmed those values into some midi switches targetting the modifier.

yeah, i made myself a moog taurus by using a footswitch that could send out cc values
yup - made one out of my pod hd - too bad it only has 8 switches lol - also, using some midi programming (Bome), one can keep track of a "key note" to add either major or minor 3rd to Axe synth notes (along with octaves) to allow for playing correct synth chord progressions via midi from pod hd switches. Axefx synth is great / more
improvements would be even greater!

Back
Top Bottom