Synergy Syn2 or Revv G20 (D20)

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
Very happy gigging with my FM3, but
thinking about getting some tube thingy for direct recording in my studio.
Im thinking about these :
Synergy Syn 2
Revv G20
Revv D20

Any experience with these?

none will be as good as the FM3 for what you are wanting to do
Can you explain in more detail?

I had every Fractal processor starting from Ultra and they are all great, just looking for some different flavours and want to have some tube preamp for my studio.

I had every Fractal processor starting from Ultra and they are all great, just looking for some different flavours and want to have some tube preamp for my studio.

the Syn will have a lot more flavors and the modules are getting better

the Revv G20 i just played today and its cool kind of like a 5150 vibe

I had the opportunity to try out the Synergy at my local guitar shop few months back. Very cool concept and I thought they sounded great. If i had some extra skrillah i'd buy just for something different as well. The modules are slick

Very happy gigging with my FM3, but
thinking about getting some tube thingy for direct recording in my studio.
Im thinking about these :
Synergy Syn 2
Revv G20
Revv D20

Any experience with these?
Hey Paul, did you end up trying any out? I'm looking at the D20 and using my Fm3 as the effects engine.

It's a Fractal forum where people love there Fractal gear. Of course you're going to get such an answer. ;)

that's why I was looking at the d20. unlimited IRs. direct recording. effects loop. I would get the REVV generator that has it all but only if money starts growing on my trees.

Oh gotcha. Yeah I'm a big Helmet fan so Fryette has always been on my radar. I also don't need that many IRs. If I didn't have an Axe-FX, I'd probably have this instead.

Cliff said the Generator is gonna be modeled at some point so there's that.

I was looking into a UA ox box which is the industry standard but the REVV now has built in reactive load, and IRs and it's cheaper.

I didn’t love the Revv it sounds good has killer feature set
but core tones just seemed somewhat generic to me it does not have the character of something like a JJ jr or Silver Jubilee or
mini recto but i do think the embedded two notes and reverb is killer options

I’ve got a Syn 2 sitting right next to my Axe III and it sounds great. Dare I say a little better to my ears than the Axe for a given amp tone, although not as convenient and flexible.

I ended up getting Syn 30 combo with a Friedman BE/BB module. I like it, but it has some 100Hz hum, that bothers me sometimes.

I haven’t tried the synergy stuff but I have two Randall MTS amps and about 20 modules for them. I really like that system, but you never change the power section only the preamp. You have all these different preamps but a singular power section... In that way, it was very similar to running the AxeFX into a tube power amp.

Is the synergy the same way?

I haven’t tried the synergy stuff but I have two Randall MTS amps and about 20 modules for them. I really like that system, but you never change the power section only the preamp. You have all these different preamps but a singular power section... In that way, it was very similar to running the AxeFX into a tube power amp.

Is the synergy the same way?
I think its the same, It auto adjusts something in the power section to match the preamp module better.

Back
Top Bottom