Syncopated riffing with the Misha Cab Pack

Hey guys,

finally bought the Misha Mansoor cab pack and I´m pretty overwhelmed on how many cabs there are and how nice all of them sound!
First off.. I used the PVH 6160 amp model with All Green D cab and the E609 Dyn mic. At this point I´m not sure wether the mic helps the sound in the mix or muddies up the guitars.
But I kind of like how the guitars sound a bit special with this mic.^^ The signal chain is pretty simple:
Gate -> Dist -> Gate -> Amp -> Cab -> Filter -> EQ -> Gate
Hope you like this example! (the guitar volume is pushed a bit in the mix)

Nice, really like the 2nd half. Could just be my ears or the fact the guitars are turned up, but there's a little fizz in the top end that sticks out to me more than any muddiness.

I know what you mean about being overwhelmed. I originally got cab pack 13, it impressed me so much I ended up caving and getting the Angle and Zilla packs as well. Now I have more cabs than I know what to do with. hahah.

Thank you!
Yeah that fizz get's more present with guitars being louder. But I can't really fix that fizz without making tone sound too flat..
And I don't know where it's coming from :D

Sounds fun! I really wanted to improve my sound with these cabs since they influence the tone the most I think.

Back
Top Bottom