Syncing Live and Cubase

slinky005

Power User
I want to run some VSTi on a Mac (Live) with Cubase on a PC.
Don't want to invest in VEP.
Can it be done?
Lots of YouTube resources for Mac setup in general, but can't find the info I need for Cubase on a PC.

Use Rewire if they’re on the same machine. Otherwise, if you don’t want to use VEP, you’ll have to use midi and an audio interface.

Use Rewire if they’re on the same machine. Otherwise, if you don’t want to use VEP, you’ll have to use midi and an audio interface.
The Axe will be my audio interface on the Mac, do I need midi interface or will midi on Axe work?
I have an RME on the PC that has midi.
Looking for a walkthrough link on how to set it up.

You’ll need a midi interface to handle the bidirectional flow. Another way to do this since you have Cubase is to use System Link.

You’ll need a midi interface to handle the bidirectional flow. Another way to do this since you have Cubase is to use System Link.
Just loaded the trial for VEP, looks like I'll be going that route.
Since I realized you are a major contributor to Omnisphere I just want to say that you have my utmost respect for the work that you do. Nothing on the market comes close.
Cheers.

To anyone using Vienna Ensemble Pro - If I have one master and 2 slave computers, can I link all 3 with one purchase?
I am running the demo and running the server on each slave and the plugin within Cubase which is master.
My understanding is that VEP comes with 3 licences.
Does this mean that other than my sequencer running the plugin, I can have 3 other computers as slaves?

Back
Top Bottom