Sync From HW Doesn't Work And Other Misc Issues!!!

Tonemaster

Inspired
I've got lots of weird stuff going on. Sync from HW won't complete. It got as high as 20% or so and often doesn't get past 1%. This is true if I try to do one bank or multiple banks.

Also, when I'm in Axe Edit and load a new patch, I sometimes get an error in the status window that looks like a MIDI size error or something. I have global cabs that don't always bring in the correct Y cab settings. I see params on the axe that aren't reflected in the editor.

This seems to have started when I installed v4. My global patches got all screwed up so I ditched them and started over. I was hoping v5 would make things better but if anything it's worse. The editor is giving me fits and globals effects have become a joke as far as working the way they should. In fact, I feel like I've done nothing since v4 but work around editor glitches and issues with globals.

Do I have bad patches? How do I get back to making ?*&^% music again!!!!

HELP!!!!!

Okay what firmware are you on now? What version of axeedit? Do you have a midi controller hooked up. What os are you using?

Just for testing, if the MFC is NOT plugged in do you still have issues with sync'ing
I'll try tonight. I'm thinking I've got badness going on in some patches but the behavior is so sporadic it's hard to pinpoint. For instance, when changing patches using the up/down arrow on the editor, it sometimes changes in the axe and sometimes it doesn't. If I type another patch number in to make a change, it changes on the Axe, but not on the editor.

Again, after installing v4 my patches with global amps all sounded bad...muffled and low volume if I recall. So, I figured they we're bad and reworked some of them by deleting all the effects and starting from scratch with new/reworked globals. I did not do this with all the patches though.

Since v5 it SEEMS things have gotten worse, but that could be my awareness of editor/axe inconsistencies being more heightened.

OK, tried Sync/Backup w/o the MFC plugged in and still only goes to 1%. I also tried to just back up Bank B to test my theory of having bad patches since all my patches are in Bank A. That did not work either. Should I contact support?

I have had same problem...I can make alterations in Axe edit and it wont update in the Axefx... manually it works. been having numerous problems. a weird one on the brownface model where it wont play and then reload and all the dials are at 12 oclock, graphic eq all sliders down ..no sound.. working with it ...but now its seriosly crashed my laptop to the point of blue screen cant get it working again. not sure if its one or the other so didnt mention it.

W-5.04b, AE-1.0.272, vista, MFC-101

There is a lot of weirdness being reported about the latest AxeEdit, from what I can see. User cabs disappearing, names being garbled, sync not working, knobs arbitrarily setting themselves. I'm sure they are working on it.

I ran into something a little similar when updating the MFC. It just seemed like once I added a delay to the midi command (it's in the Axe-Edit midi settings) I was able to get around it.

-Nate

There is a lot of weirdness being reported about the latest AxeEdit, from what I can see. User cabs disappearing, names being garbled, sync not working, knobs arbitrarily setting themselves. I'm sure they are working on it.

I hope so. I sent this into FA support last Thursday and haven't heard anything back. The AE issues are extremely troubling, to say the least. The fact that I can' do a Sync From HW has me concerned and I'm not sure if it's related to the AE issues or not. I'm sitting here now getting "MIDI size errors" when trying to load patches from AE. The patch changes on the Axe, but nothing loads into AE.

I'm trying to get my backed up gig patches into the Axe and can't..GRRRRR! As much as I love this thing I can't deal with this. I just want to play music, not fight bad software!

COME ON FRACTAL....WHATS GOING ON!!!!!!

I ran into something a little similar when updating the MFC. It just seemed like once I added a delay to the midi command (it's in the Axe-Edit midi settings) I was able to get around it.

-Nate

What midi setting...what did you change it to?

I hope so. I sent this into FA support last Thursday and haven't heard anything back. The AE issues are extremely troubling, to say the least. The fact that I can' do a Sync From HW has me concerned and I'm not sure if it's related to the AE issues or not. I'm sitting here now getting "MIDI size errors" when trying to load patches from AE. The patch changes on the Axe, but nothing loads into AE.

I'm trying to get my backed up gig patches into the Axe and can't..GRRRRR! As much as I love this thing I can't deal with this. I just want to play music, not fight bad software!

COME ON FRACTAL....WHATS GOING ON!!!!!!

I know Axe-Edit is giving you issues but are you at least able to use the Axe-FX II?

The most difficult part for me when I was having issues with my unit is that I'm not a big computer guy. So things I've learned over the years like knowing the sound of a bad preamp tube or understanding power amp tubes that glow red versus orange, etc. have no bearing when dealing with this type of technology. At the same time, I'm blown completely away that Cliff created the tones I'm hearing and stored them on a circuit board.

All I can tell you, based on my most recent issues, is stay calm and understand that folks on this forum and the people at Fractal will help you get thru this and figure it out. You just have to trust me on this. They are a small operation and very busy so if they don't get a hold of you immediately it is nothing personal. Also, there are alot of forumites who don't work for Fractal but at beta testers, etc. and know alot about the unit.

I had blinking green screens, horrible tones, goblins, and all sort of other crap going on inside my machine and Fractal helped me with the issue.

I'm also having issues with the current rev of Axe-Edit. (It hates USB on OSX). Rolled back to an earlier version and so far so good.

I know Axe-Edit is giving you issues but are you at least able to use the Axe-FX II?

The most difficult part for me when I was having issues with my unit is that I'm not a big computer guy. So things I've learned over the years like knowing the sound of a bad preamp tube or understanding power amp tubes that glow red versus orange, etc. have no bearing when dealing with this type of technology. At the same time, I'm blown completely away that Cliff created the tones I'm hearing and stored them on a circuit board.

All I can tell you, based on my most recent issues, is stay calm and understand that folks on this forum and the people at Fractal will help you get thru this and figure it out. You just have to trust me on this. They are a small operation and very busy so if they don't get a hold of you immediately it is nothing personal. Also, there are alot of forumites who don't work for Fractal but at beta testers, etc. and know alot about the unit.

I had blinking green screens, horrible tones, goblins, and all sort of other crap going on inside my machine and Fractal helped me with the issue.

Thankfully, the Axe is working OK! I'm hopefull that this will get worked out and believe it will, it's just very frustrating. I'll probably not use AE until this gets resolved...it's just not stable for me. I'm OK with the native editor but it seems archaic compared to AE.

Back
Top Bottom