Symptom of the Universe w/jazz outro

Pretty solid... Maybe needs a tad more top end in tone? Could just be the recording.

Isn't it some sort of sacrilege to play Sabbath on a white guitar?:cool:

You are the first guy I've seen use his pinky for power chords
It's weird. I usually don't but I'm fighting with a wrist injury and I think my brain is subconsciously protecting my wrist by deafaulting to my pinky so I'm not stretching my fingers out.

Pretty solid... Maybe needs a tad more top end in tone? Could just be the recording.

Isn't it some sort of sacrilege to play Sabbath on a white guitar?:cool:
It's just the recording. My Friedman is set up behind me so the head cam is picking up the sound from behind me.

How old are you? Us 80's metal guys often did that...

Ha, 30. Not saying it's a bad thing, just never seen it (or noticed) before.

Everyone in my circles use index, ring and pinky for root, 5th and root except me, who uses just index bar and ring bar.

I'll have to try this out. Great cover by the way, your singer is spot on as well.

Ha, 30. Not saying it's a bad thing, just never seen it (or noticed) before.

Everyone in my circles use index, ring and pinky for root, 5th and root except me, who uses just index bar and ring bar.

I'll have to try this out. Great cover by the way, your singer is spot on as well.
Almost certainly he is playing only root + 5th.

Works really well to easily shift from a root + 5th to a root + 6th.

POWER to the Pinky!

Used to play this tune when I was a young man and that tune was new....
BTW, good job Bishop.

Symptom of the Universe is probably my favorite Sabbath song and brings back so many memories of my stoner days when this album was first released. Great job at recreating this classic just so hard for me to realize how long its been around now. If only you had used a black SG!!

Symptom of the Universe is probably my favorite Sabbath song and brings back so many memories of my stoner days when this album was first released. Great job at recreating this classic just so hard for me to realize how long its been around now. If only you had used a black SG!!
Live I do. But for just rehearsals it's whatever I feel like bringing. This is the SG I use for the Sabbath stuff in my Ozzy tribute.
IMG_1582.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom