Symphony X Tone help

Hi everyone, new member here, I read the rules but I'm not sure exactly what kinds of posts go where, so I apologize in advance if this post isn't supposed to be in this section!
I'm currently in the waitlist for getting an FM9 and I was wondering if anyone here can help me out with a Symphony X tone.
I've read in a very old post in this forum that the rhythm tone from the albums Iconoclast and Paradise Lost are quite simple to make, as they just require a high-gain Energyball boosted with a T808 going through ENGL 4x12 V30 cabs, so I'm curious to see if anyone has a brief audio file of such a tone available for me to listen to.

If not, I'm going to update this thread with my own patches when I actually get the unit (hopefully in the next 2 weeks).

Thank you in advance!

ENGL Savage or Powerball models paired with a decent V30 IR (the factory York Audio Recto ones sound great) should get you there pretty quickly. FAS Modern and FAS Brootalz are great for that kind of thing too.

ENGL Savage or Powerball models paired with a decent V30 IR (the factory York Audio Recto ones sound great) should get you there pretty quickly. FAS Modern and FAS Brootalz are great for that kind of thing too.
Thank you Leon! Going to give them a try as soon as I get my hands on the unit!

No offense taken! I love that solo, even covered the whole song on yt myself when it came out a few month ago ahahah
Can't post links since I'm a new member otherwise I'd totally spam it here lol :guitar::guitar::guitar:
You did what? No way 😳 wow, I didnt even think that would be possible. (I need a new steroidsdealer to get to that brain-fingers sync level😅) if you post a text link that should work too.. and get the spamming going 🤘

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
You did what? No way 😳 wow, I didnt even think that would be possible. (I need a new dealer to get to that brain-fingers sync level😅) if you post an text link that should work too.. and get the spanning going 🤘

Cheers 🍻
I see, didn't realize I could just use normal text and get away with it ahahah :)
Here it is, hope you enjoy!
I actually play in a Symphony X tribute band, that's why I'm obsessing over Romeo's guitar tone, I really really need to nail it!

Cheers!

How do you get that awesome whammy he does at the end?
I have a patch that does that (not quite this sound, but you can edit it). I can share it here.
Its done with a pitchblock..
Will attach it later

EDIT: Included the patch. (Its Pitch 1, set to pedal1)
For AFXIII, but with fractool this could be converted, its a 1-AMP setup)

Cheers 🍻

Attachments

• Very good rig.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I have a patch that does that (not quite this sound, but you can edit it). I can share it here.
Its done with a pitchblock..
Will attach it later

EDIT: Included the patch
For AFXIII, but with fractool this could be converted, its a 1-AMP setup)

Cheers 🍻
Cool will check out!

Back
Top Bottom