SXSW Anyone?

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
SXSW is next week in Austin Texas, who's going and who's hiding because you live there? Any body interested in a meetup? I know our own Cooper Carter is playing there, and I know a bunch of you live there. So what say you? I think it would be great to cheer on one of our own. Cooper will have to let us know what band and what time.

Jeez, man...New York, Cali, and now Texas. All in the span of about 6 months. Do you like to travel, or what? :) Wish I had the time, but I'm not gonna be able to make it to SXSW.

LOL, Yeah I do. the Kids are all but grown two 21yr olds and one 16yr old who I share custody with my ex-wife. My sister in-law lives in Buda Texas, so we thought it would be a great time to visit. I went to SXSW back in 2005 and fell in love with the city. Whoda thunk you could live in a city that has such a vibrant music scene. That's funny that you mentioned traveling so much as my buddy has me beat, he's an executive movie producer and he seems to be in a new city every other week. I told him just give me your frequent flier miles and I would be set. I wish that was possible. I just chatted with Cooper Carter, my goal is to see his two shows, he's playing march 14th and 15th, with one of his bands called the Swear. Should be tons of fun. If people want to meet up let me know. All I know next week is going to be a blast, nonstop music. I'm going to be one big walking billboard for Fractal Audio.:mrgreen

I may be there next weekend.......lets jump Cooper before he hits the stage (wearing Kemper shirts) :razz

Lol I figured not.
Here is coopers band info

IMAGE_18A82BC1-5EF3-463E-805D-8F3B70D63493.JPG

I was gonna start a thread on this later in the week.

I'm here and have a music wristband. A meet up sounds fun.

I'll be in New Orleans first part of the week and back in Austin by Tuesday night. Have Wed. off but not sure how free- working Thur-Fri. No wristband or anything for me, so depends on where you guys meet up. There's usually some cool events/shows that are under the radar so to speak and I love to try and catch those if I get the inside.

I have no clue what all is going on this year, but one suggestion for you is catching Redd Volkaert at the Continental on Saturday afternoons (3:30-6:30) both this coming weekend and the next. It's free and not part of SXSW. No telling who might show up and sit in. It's always a good crowd, plenty of dancing.. Redd's more country with chops from hell in multiple styles. If you HATE country or anything related to it.. may not be your thing. Good taste of the Austin vibe for what it's worth.

If you guys get a plan, post it up here.

Before my son was born, a buddy of mine that works for SXSW would hook me up with a badge and it was a lot of fun and exhausting! I'll be playing this friday and playing a few rodeo gigs. If you guys are still in town on St Patty's Day, my crazy mash up cover band is playing at the SIX Lounge. This is our fourth year doing it and the first time its fallen at the end of SXSW, but its always a party!! Unfortunately my AXE rig won't be at that show because its too wild. I would love to catch Cooper tho.

See, I knew you guys would come out of the wood work. There's a lot of you guys down there. Guys give me some good locations to meet and I'm there.

Oilcan Harry's or the Iron Bear :razz

Either one is fine by me. just give us a time. I'm on vacation, I have no plans that can't be changed. I told my wife who will be visiting with her sister, that I won't see her much and she said that she is fine with it. That never happens by the way. My sister in law's husband has somehow manufactured a business trip himself for that week a coincidence I think not. It's perfect, he won't be there to have to entertain me and vice versa. You can't plan a better situation as I can't talk about golf for 6 days straight, no offense to golfers in the crowd. I hear Alice Cooper plays a mean game in Az.

The gay bars are actually fun. I played in one last weekend and when they like you they go out of their way to pass the tip jar around more than once. It was good times, even a butch woman was humping me from behind. lol!

Back
Top Bottom