Switching things up to go stereo

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
So If I wanted to go stereo with my FX which are post cab ( Delay, verb, Roto) I can just pan them hard left and right and boom I am in stereo now? Been playing guitar for 20 years and have never played in stereo a day in my life.

I am also curious on this. I still run the Ultra, but have always run mono. Lately my sound guy has been asking me if I can run stereo. Not really sure how to adjust my patches to make that happen with the least amount of work.

1. Ensure effect type is indeed stereo
2. Adjust L and R balance in the effect block as desired (if any at all)
3. Ensure output 1 is set to stereo in the I/O menu
4. I run two XLRs to the sound board and have them pan each one hard left or right.

Works great. Sounds great.

Unless you are specifically using a mono delay, etc., the default behavior is stereo. Plug both outputs in a mixer, pan the mixer channels L and R, kick in chorus, etc., and check it out. When I run mono (to lazy to carry two cabs, stage too small, etc.), I just use the left output into a single CLR. Most effects work fine that way, although stereo is way mo' better/fun. The only gotcha in doing that is that with a block like ping-pong delay you'll only hear half of the delays. TT

Back
Top Bottom