Switching songs in Onsong

Onsong support was not helpful at all. They stated that they don’t give support on third party devices (Axe Fx). I answered that I wanted to understand the behavior of onsong receiving midi messages. Since then no answer. ☹

Hey, I have successfully created a switch on my FC unit that will send a message to change songs on OnSong. Very helpful! When I get out of bed I’ll post how to set this up. I’ll also post how to have OnSong send the midi messages to change presets on the axe. I also run a GR55 in the axe loop that receives messages via the thru port on the axe fx (I use a Yamaha Bluetooth midi dongle in the axe fx III)

The key to not having the songs jump ahead in OnSong again is to go to FC SETUP in your axe fx preset (Knob D) and - navigate to CS Per Scene - and make sure your CS's are set to LAST

The key to not having the songs jump ahead in OnSong again is to go to FC SETUP in your axe fx preset (Knob D) and - navigate to CS Per Scene - and make sure your CS's are set to LAST
Sh*t I thought I mentioned that, but looking back on the thread I hadn’t.

This setting caused me a lot of issues when setting up my stuff. I had forgotten that the OP was changing preset. Similarly to add to the solution, make sure this setting is made for all scenes for the CS in question or the duplicates could reappear when changing scene. I set mine to OFF, as the CS is configured to do nothing in the off state.

You need to implement that for all presets that you intend to use.

I change the setting to LAST already before and it didn‘t help by then. I will have to try again because I didn’t change to LAST at all presets in use. Unfortunately I cannot try soon because I’m travelling. Thanks so far to all of you.

I change the setting to LAST already before and it didn‘t help by then. I will have to try again because I didn’t change to LAST at all presets in use. Unfortunately I cannot try soon because I’m travelling. Thanks so far to all of you.
LAST is no good... as your CS might be ON... aka send another midi message. Set it to OFF and have no payload configured for that CS OFF

If I remember well I changed to OFF earlier and then every second press of the footswitch nothing has been sent while I wanted to send another „next song“ midi trigger. Does that make any sense?

You have to change it to LAST on every preset you intend to use or it will not work and OnSong will keep jumping ahead

Its hard to believe BUT IT WORKS NOW.
I changed the PerPrestet CS settings for everey preset to OFF, stored the preset to make the change permanent and now it works just the way I want it to for live performance.

I thank you so much for your patience and help.

Its hard to believe BUT IT WORKS NOW.
I changed the PerPrestet CS settings for everey preset to OFF, stored the preset to make the change permanent and now it works just the way I want it to for live performance.

I thank you so much for your patience and help.
Cool. Glad we sorted it for you

Back
Top Bottom