Switching scenes from controller making Axe fx 2 enter edit screen??

Gene

Inspired
Hi Axe FX users, I have a problem I'm trying to fix with my Axe FX 2 XL and Scenes.

I have an MFC 101 mk III and intend connecting pedals to it, expression and momentary or latching types.

I also have a small Rocktron Midi Exchange which I will be using where floor space is tight as it is handy and small and will run on a battery. I can connect two expression pedals to it though the cc's are fixed to 17 and 7.

The problem I am encountering in this:

When I set a connected switch (connected to MFC) to increment scenes on cc 123 it will do so BUT the main display screen on the AXE FX 2 XL will for some reason go into the drive edit screen. This would be a problem if I used the unit without the MFC 101 connected as I would no longer be able to see which scene is engaged at a glance in the display window which is what I would rather.

The switch I am connecting to the MFC 101 mk 3 is a T.C. Electronic Switch 3 which has 3 momentary switches on it via a TRS. Though I have several single types.

Is there any way to stop the AXE FX 2 XL from leaving its recall screen page while I change scenes?

What I want is the unit to stay on the recall page and as I scroll up and down the scenes I will be able to see the scene number in the window always...... i.e. so that the home recall screen does not change.

Secondly, the AXE FX 2 XL pedal jacks 1 and 2 are TRS............... are these the same as the pedal jacks on the MFC 101 mk 3?.......... do they take two pedals each over TRS like the MFC or just one latching / momentary or expression , not dual use?

Thanks guys.............. E

is Axe-Edit running while you are changing Scenes? Axe-Edit is not meant to be used during performance, and it will also change the Axe display to the Edit screen of the selected block in the Software. so this is normal behavior (if Edit is connected). you can either Pause Edit using the top left Pause button on Edit, or close/disconnect it.

as for the TRS jacks, you'll see that the MFC has both Pedal jacks (XP) and Switch jacks (XS). the Switch jacks (XS) are specifically for switches, and therefore can use either one switch per jack with a TS cable, or 2 switches per jack with a TRS cable.

the jacks on the Axe-Fx itself are dual purpose jacks and can either use 1 Exp Pedal per jack (so a max of 2 pedals) or 1 Switch per jack (so a max of 2 switches, or 1 switch, 1 pedal). the pedal jacks on the Axe-Fx cannot use 2 switches per jack with a TRS cable.

is Axe-Edit running while you are changing Scenes? Axe-Edit is not meant to be used during performance, and it will also change the Axe display to the Edit screen of the selected block in the Software. so this is normal behavior (if Edit is connected). you can either Pause Edit using the top left Pause button on Edit, or close/disconnect it.

as for the TRS jacks, you'll see that the MFC has both Pedal jacks (XP) and Switch jacks (XS). the Switch jacks (XS) are specifically for switches, and therefore can use either one switch per jack with a TS cable, or 2 switches per jack with a TRS cable.

the jacks on the Axe-Fx itself are dual purpose jacks and can either use 1 Exp Pedal per jack (so a max of 2 pedals) or 1 Switch per jack (so a max of 2 switches, or 1 switch, 1 pedal). the pedal jacks on the Axe-Fx cannot use 2 switches per jack with a TRS cable.

Good Man Chris :) AXE EDIT was running and this was the cause indeed, so thanks a lot for your input.

Tell me, would you happen to know if the MFC 101 or the Axe Fx 2 via a switch connected to the MFC has a 'learn' function in the midi controller menu? What I mean is - if I wish to map a controller to say a Drive on/bypass parameter can I put the unit into 'LEARN' mode - press the switch and it will know which button I wish to use?

The reason I ask is the TC Electronic Switch has 3 switches over TRS. Since your input I now have the scenes going up and down on switches 1 and 2 of the Switch 3.... when I press button 3 on the Switch 3 I can see the Axe FX 2 XL is receiving data too , so I may be able to use the third switch to kick in a tube screamer or something in a preset which would be very handy.

I have the AXE FX 2 XL about 2 years but am only now getting round to using it,, busy time :(

Thanks Chris.... Eugene in Ireland

Back
Top Bottom