Switching scenes AND amp channels questions

I am currently a line 6 helix user, yes I know...blasphemy! haha. These questions are more for the FM3 (I am on the wait list) but since I hear the FM3 will be similar to the AXiii with regards to scenes and amp channels I wanted to ask the following questions to see if im understanding them correctly. So let me give a little background of how I use my helix. In the helix, I often times make patches with 2 completely different amps (not running in parallel...I already know FM3 cant do this). The reason I run 2 amps is I might like a particular amps clean sound but hate it's dirty channel etc so I will setup a clean amp I like and a dirty amp I like. In the helix you have what are called snapshots, which I guess are the same thing as fractal "Scenes". So In the helix I can have one snapshot with the one amp on and the other off and whatever effects running and then I can click to another snapshot to shut that one amp off and turn the other amp on plus whatever I want to happen to those effects. I can also have the parameters of the amps and effects changing in those snapshots as well. So for example, I could have 1 snapshot have amp "A" mids completely scooped and then click to another snapshot where amp "A"s mids are not scooped....same things goes with the FX parameters as well. So here are my questions:

1. Can you have parameters (amp, cabs, FX) changing within scenes? Not just turning them on and off.
2. I am confused by amp channels within a "Amp block". From what I read, in the FM3 you will be able to have four different amps in one amp block on the different channels. Does this mean I could have a "scene" where one of those amp channels is selected and then a different "scene" where I switch to a different amp under the other channel? If the answer here is yes, is this switch seamless (no lag)? Can you have parameters of each amp also changing within different scenes similar to question 1 but now not only changing channels but changing parameters of those channels so for example lets say I have "4 scenes" using 2 different amps on two channels. Scenes 1 and 2 use the same channel/amp but the parameters of that amp are changing and then scenes 3 and 4 use the second amp with it's parameters changing? Thanks!

I think you haven't received answers till now cuz you posted on the wrong section of the forum.
Anyway..

1. Yes, either by selecting different channels for different scenes or by attaching modifiers to individual parameters.
2. Yes to all, when changing amp or cab channels you'll have a small gap though (around 35ms) but for most of us it's not a big deal and there are some workarounds anyway.

Back
Top Bottom