switching presets glitchy when axe edit on

sundance_kiddsg

Experienced
when i rotate the value knob to switch presets while connected to the pc with the axe edit open, i keep getting glitches (sound dropouts)
sometimes the front panel will go into edit mode on its own.
all's okay if i exit the axe edit.
same thing if i switch presets via the mfc101.
is this normal?

Yes, this is known and normal.

The point is: when you're editing through software, use the software (AE).
Better to not edit / change stuff at both sides.
Just using the software speeds up syncing a lot and hasn't got these side-effects.

It takes some time to get used to it but it will stick. :)

Yes, that is normal.

The assumption is that when you have Axe-Edit open, you use that to make any changes, not the MFC or hardware. What you are hearing is the editor having to re-poll the hardware.

I thought it was funny that the release notes say that you should use Axe Edit and NOT the front panel. And it is for the very reason you gave. I used to save changes on the front panel, because I didn't trust the old Axe Edit to get it right.

Here's a weird but wonderful FIX that AE 3 has over the front panel- when I edited from the FP and switched Scenes, there was always a glitch/pop. In AE 3, when you switch Scenes as you edit it's seamless. :)

Loving AE3 so far, and FW11 is just badass. Some say it may be me, but I do hear a difference (and it's a good one), and one weird thing that did happen to my presets (each and every one) after loading 11 from 11b was a pretty substantial increase in volume which resulted in clipping across the board. Easy fix, but I don't quite get why it happened.

Here's a weird but wonderful FIX that AE 3 has over the front panel- when I edited from the FP and switched Scenes, there was always a glitch/pop. In AE 3, when you switch Scenes as you edit it's seamless. :)

Loving AE3 so far, and FW11 is just badass. Some say it may be me, but I do hear a difference (and it's a good one), and one weird thing that did happen to my presets (each and every one) after loading 11 from 11b was a pretty substantial increase in volume which resulted in clipping across the board. Easy fix, but I don't quite get why it happened.

Yes, the changes in the amp modeling may result in boosted Amp block levels with some amps. Easy fix.

An easy fix, and actually a great "issue". It seems my presets are now considerably louder without clipping (AFTER I tweak- and I said tweak, not "twerk" ;) ). More headroom somehow...

oops! how embarrassing..
should have read the release notes before plunging in.
clearly i'm with the front panel brigade, more comfortable with fondling knobs and buttons ;)
my itchy fingers keep reaching for the axe fx... must control...

An easy fix, and actually a great "issue". It seems my presets are now considerably louder without clipping (AFTER I tweak- and I said tweak, not "twerk" ;) ). More headroom somehow...

I don't care to ever hear that word again...

Uhh no, actually this means that you now have less headroom.

That's what I meant, thanks for the correction, Yek. Sorry, no sleep last night and too excited playing with the new goodies to use my cranium correctly. :)

Back
Top Bottom