Switching Lag after latest FW update?

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone else noticed this?

since the last FW update of the MFC, when I switch patches - that happens immediately HOWEVER, I cannott activate an IA for perhaps half a second or so. The MIDI in light on the AFX flashes with the same lag.

Im assuming the MFC is switching patches OK, but is then polling the AFX? then sending MIDI data (though why when it should be taking the info from the AFX).

anyway - its causing issues as I often change patch, then engage the Amp A/B swicth imediately (as I have the same amp sim with different gain/EQ structures on the A/B). This lag wasnt an issue in the previous FW - I could press an IA and it would switch it in/out straight away.

I have, I think, a similar problem.
I have the Ultra whith the MFC and when I change preset it changes right away but there is a ca one second "lag" in the sound.
The sound is there but it "flickers" for a while.
Is this something that you have to accept whith the MFC or is there a solution?
I also have a Behringer FCB 1010 and the AXE FX switches flawlessly whit that pedal.

Have I missed something in the manual? Please help.

Roger

Hold your horses ;-)
I found where I´ve made a mistake.
On the ULTRA in the MIDI-section I had it set for OMNI.
The problem disapered when I set it to 1.

Now I´m a happy camper again8)

Not running Aex-Edit either and yes its 2.2. I got the issue when upgrading to that FW.

I dont get any delay in sound - the patch switches perfectly, its just that I cant toggle any IAs for around half a second. This corresponds to when i see the midi in light flash on the Afx. Im assuming the patch is switching, then the MFC polls the AFX for states, and then i can send IAs - its that polling thats causing the delay I think.

Um - its a sync thing. when Total Sync is on I get the delay, when total sync is off it works fine.

Yep. I am recommended to people to turn Total Sync off when using it in a production (aka live or recording) situation.

Total Sync - IMHO - is for tweaking, discovering and dialing in.

Back
Top Bottom