Switching channels on Legacy via scenes

Can this be done? :

I have a Carvin Legacy 3 amp. Channels can be switched via midi CC#s.
I have the Axe-Fx II connected via four cable method and using for effect only (no amp blocks).
I would like to have three scenes. One clean (channel 1), one mid gain (channel 2), one lead (channel 3) each with specific effects.
I assigned the correct CC# to the IA buttons for each scene. Made sure amp receives on the correct midi channel.
I have not had any luck getting the amp to switch channels.
Looking for video tutorials to supplement my research via the MFC-101 manual.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Rich

If the legacy can be switched midi you can program IA switches to send multiple commands on 16 midi channels, but I think you may have to set axe fx mode on those switches to none and program the commands you want sent manually for each IA, or use the mfc edit. for midi connection use the midi thru on the axe fx, I think there may be a setting in the I/O menu that has to be set for the midi thru to work.

Thanks for the response.
If I set the IA button (in this case IA 01 for scene one) to none I wouldn't be able to select the Axe Fx scene, correct?
Thanks again.
Rich

you will have to program the IA switch for C1 to CC# 34 with a value of 0-7 on channel 1 for scene selection on the axe fx then program C2 for the CC# and value and channel needed for the legacy. or preset command if that is what it uses.

So I figured out how to change the amp channels with the MFC-101 when in preset mode. Still can't figure out how to do this with Scenes though. Is there a specific setting for the IA switch?

Is the amp changing with pc commands on the preset change? you can program IA switches to send the CC command for scene selection and a pc command to your amp at the same time. I how ever do not know if you can do this with the IA in axe fx mode, you may have to select none and manually program the switches. To make scene changes the mfc has to send CC# 34( if this is left stock in the I/O midi menu of the axe fx), and a value of 0 thru 7 to choose scenes 1 thru 8 then for command 2 on that switch you will have to program what you need to send to the amp. If you have MFC edit this programing is a lot easier to see and understand then on the mfc itself.

Does anybody have any more insight to this? I'm trying to switch channels on my Line 6 DT50 amp using a MIDI CC of 19 along with selecting a scene. So IA1 is Scene 1 and I've set Command Select to 2 and the CC# to 19. AxeFx has MIDI thru turned on and the MIDI cable is out of Axe to in of amp. Do I need to get the MFC out of AxeFx mode?

Yeah it's set to 19, which is the channel select CC. It just seems that the CC isn't being passed through the Axe. I read in the manual that the IA switch can send 2 CC messages, so I figured it could send 34 for Scene and 19 for Amp channel selection, but it's not working for me.

OK, I figured this out, thanks to paranoid for pointing me in the right direction.

On the MFC under Edit - MIDI, set your IA switch you wish to use as NONE. Then set your CC to 34 for Scene's and a value to select which scene, reference the Scenes mini manual. On the 2nd command selector, set your amp's CC and it's needed value. This is at 5.2 in the MFC manual.

At this point I still had scene IA switches that remained lit until I turned them off, which required a 2nd push of the button. So I set up my scene IA's as Switch Link's, which allows 1 out of a set of switches to be active at a time, reference 5.4 in the MFC manual.

Also I had trouble with my general use IA sending PC messages and changing my preset, so I turned that off in the I/O - MIDI menu of the Axe. Make sure MIDI Thru is on in that menu as well.

I think that those are the most pertinent ones but I did end up changing a lot of values in the MIDI menu and on the MFC trying to do trial and error. Hopefully this is of some use to somebody.

Back
Top Bottom