Switching beween fx blocks with autoengage - same XP pedal (new FW)

MetalSlab

Inspired
I have been playing around with the new firmware which is excellent. I have managed to switch between blocks using a single IA via the dual cc function (off/on & on/off) without the need for the mixer block.

Typically, I would now like to use a single XP pedal & IA switch for both wah and whammy, keeping the auto-engage feature for both effects.

I know it can be done traditionally using a mixer block, vide the guidance in the wiki:

Yeks How Tos - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

My question is; with the new FW, is there now a more efficient / simpler way to achieve this without needing the mixer block?

I don't think any new MFC features make it easier, but there are a couple alternatives to the mixer.

In the first preset below the effect selector is External 2, modifying wah/pitch balance. In the second it's the state of Filter 1 (bypassed = wah, engaged = whammy). External 1 is the freq/pitch controller. The amp input select being "left" is why these work, because you're allowing only one effect at a time in the left channel.

BTW if you add a drive just before amp you'd have to add something else like filter or vol. before drive, balance left. Also these rely on wah/pitch having the same autoengage setting (I used medium) because the wah is the dry signal path when the blocks are bypassed.

Attachments

• wah-whammy-select1.syx
    2 KB · Views: 2
  • wah-whammy-select2.syx
    2 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom