switches on FC12 not working

violindave

Inspired
3 of them. I do not believe there is anything wrong with the switches and do not recall this problem previously but have not used the system for sometime.
I updated to cygnus latest version of axe editiii. I installed the latest FC12 firmware. I deleted and reinstalled axe edit latest version.
I went into FC controllers inside axe edit and copied a working switch tap function to one of the non working switches. Then stepped on another switch and back to the non working switch and still did not work. However when I then stepped on switch 3 [working switch which was copied] the non working switch 4 with the copied functions now lights up suggesting the switch is live?, but won't light up or go live when I step on 4 by itself.

Any clues?
I

I have a similar problem happen today at first I thought it was a failed switch, but then it happened to a different one. I’d be quite happy to open the case myself, but G66 want to look at it themselves, and have arranged collection.

it's now at Fractal for repairs
How did you end up diagnosing it to have it sent to fractal?
I have one switch on my FC6 that literally just yesterday started acting up. Intermittently I have to press it up to three times before it engages.

I have the same thing happening to me. I have tested with different xlr's, usb cables, reloaded the software on both fc12 and axe fx3 and no luck. the top 3 pedals on the right side of the board get unresponsive and are lit up but won't control the axe fx3. When I disconnect the xls and reconnect they start working but something is wrong. This happens with different presets too

make sure all the nuts holding the switches are tight. they work loose causing the switch to stop working

make sure all the nuts holding the switches are tight. they work loose causing the switch to stop working
Thanks...they're all tight...but its all 3 switches that stop working at the same time. Then I remove and reconnect the xlr cable and they all come back
so something tells me its not hardware

Last edited:
The issue is still happening. Contacted Fractal via email as they are not troubleshooting over the phone and it’s been over a week with no response. Has anyone been able to fix this on their own?

The issue is still happening. Contacted Fractal via email as they are not troubleshooting over the phone and it’s been over a week with no response. Has anyone been able to fix this on their own?
Took 3 years later for a response, but I just had the EXACT same issue as you. For those reading, continue to see my fix.

Mine Worked for 30 seconds after power on then completely unresponsive all 6 buttons to the right, bottom 3 intermittent and top 3 no function. I took it apart, reseated ribbon cables, initialized both to factory, swapped cables, etc etc. I reloaded firmware on both axe fx 3 and fx-12 1.12, no dice. I emailed support but while I was waiting, I was tinkering and I believe I found a very weird weird fix.

I for shits and giggles loaded the version 2 FC-12 firmware 1.13 through fractalbot knowing well it wouldn’t work, and it didn’t work at all (no display text etc). However, when I reloaded 1.12 back on… voila. I haven’t had the issue since! I think reloading 1.12 on top of 1.12 doesn’t do a true wipe of firmware, but by loading a completely different one and going back it seems to have done the trick. Am I crazy? Is it coincidence? I don’t know or even care for that matter anymore because it works now. Hopefully this helps someone.

Back
Top Bottom