Switches 1+2 and 3+4 on back of FC12, what all can AX3 assign these to?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Right now I have 4 button box for this. 1 is my "wash" delay, 2 is my "boost", 3 is amp level up 1 db, and 4 is amp level down 1 db.

Issue: If using global blocks that are all tied together, changing one amp level will change them all. How can I keep the global amps tied but change overall volume per scene AND use this 1+2 and 3+4 switches? Must do auto save too, like the amp level does. I guess a better question is what are the list of assignable things for these switches?

The MIDI/Remote: Other menu should have Output 1 Volume Increment/Decrement parameters, according to the manual. I think you can set those to an FC switch port. (It looks like an onboard FC switch might not be able to do these, which doesn't really matter here, but might be worth remembering.)

If you need to change the AMP’s volume you’d have to unlink I believe. However, if you just need to chance a scene’s overall volume, you can do that in the output block.

If you need to change the AMP’s volume you’d have to unlink I believe. However, if you just need to chance a scene’s overall volume, you can do that in the output block.
How to unlink all without Axe Fx III Editor?

It's kind of buried.

Go to the Layout view (push the big value knob by default) and tab over to the Tools page.
Turn the A knob to change the current function at the bottom until it shows "UNLINK ALL BLOCKS FROM GLOBAL" and push the C knob to execute it.

A stand-in switch can do anything that an FC switch can.

If you want to know all that can be done then you should read the Fractal Footswitch Guide.
This ^^^ All of this ^^^

I tend to use stand-in switches for things that don't need the visual status indication provided by an FC switch. On my left board, the two switches are set up with preset increment and preset decrement, +/-1 on tap, +/-4 (i.e., one bank up, as my bank size is 4) on hold.

The other board's two switches are set up with CS #1 and CS #2, which I use frequently as a linked pair - where one is latching and the is momentary, and they wirk together like the two light switches at the opposite ends of a hall or stairway.

Can this same thing be assigned to the FM3? Meaning if I can do the original post on the AX3, can this also be done on an FM3?

Back
Top Bottom