Switched back to 6.01, lost my patches

They are easy to get back, just reinstall your backup. Either from your computer or from the internal backup (which couldn't be any easier to use).

But if I never had a backup before, would that still work?

Of course not, if you never bothered to back them up then there is no backup. You must ALWAYS back up your presets before doing a firmware update. Most of the time my presets are still there after updates, but occassionally I've had presets vanish. You can't count on your presets staying intact after an update, you never know what will happen. If you didn't make a backup then they are gone forever I'm afraid.

I use AxeEdit to backup/sync my presets - EVERY TIME I START IT UP !!
Better safe than sorry.
Lesson learnt one hopes!

At first, I was using individual patches in Axe Edit... then I realized I could just work directly on the C Bank in AE (all my user patches are there) and keep saving. At the end of the day, I just save the Bank file to my computer.

Someone else said it, but I'll say it too: don't just back up before a firmware change, back up anytime you've done anything to any patch that you want to keep. You could drop your II tomorrow and... poof.

I'll try that, and if not then i'll try to make them all as presets and export them to a disk or other folder manually

Hit the Utility button on the front & page over a couple of pages & down the menu. Not in front of my Axe right now so I can't tell you specifically but it's there. You can back up several different ways from there including the on board memory which is the way I do it as I have had zero luck with Axe Edit.

Back
Top Bottom