"Switchable FW Controversy" question- kills Amp change?

svl

Power User
Been reading with interest but just got involved in the controversy (cue Prince here) and thought of something I didn't think about until just now- in deleting the option of being able to switch FW modes, wouldn't that by nature eliminate the ability to change the Amp block FW choice per preset? Or am I incorrect?

I can totally understand how many would not want to lose the switching option if so. I have read post after post and thread after thread after new FWs are released how "the change to the Bassman is great but it wrecked my Recto completely, FW Q3 is so much better for the Recto than Q5 and the Recto is the only amp I use." Sometimes those changes aren't rectified (to the individuals ear) in future FWs, and that Q3 is the Holy Grail for them, so having the ability to stay with that on those particular presets is a very important part of the Axe in their world.

Hopefully M@ or Cliff will chime in on this, think it's a question many aside from me may have missed but would be important for us to have answered. Thanks in advance.

I know it's what we're talking about, it just seems all of the threads/posts talk about the global aspect and not the individual PRESET aspect and I thought it may make a difference to some that may not know eliminating one affects the other.

Clarity is a wonderful thing. :)

Back
Top Bottom